Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The bike has been running very slow. When I hit the throttle it pulls but it feels starved and sluggish. I researched and it seems like it would be a fuel problem. The pump primes, there are no codes, and no pinched fuel lines. On a side note, the bike won't start when hot.

I got a new fuel pump (ebay, for 20 bucks!), I took everything apart but I couldn't disassemble the fuel pump assembly, and for fear of breaking it, I just put everything back in place. Any help on disassembly?

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
The fuel pump is a one piece thing... filter+pump+gas level meter

You just have to remove the tank (empty, obviously)... And remove the bolts on the bottom of it... Once it is loose just be carefull with the buoy when you are pulling it out.

Any maintainance done recently? mods?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike has 10k miles on it and I bought it in May with 9k miles or so. Only thing I've done is flush the coolant fluid. No other maintenance was done. Also, the previous owner had gutted the exhaust but when I first rode it, that didn't affect performance. Then one time as I was pulling up my jobs drive way, I lost balance and dropped the bike; I basically just layed it down slowly. However, since then, I've noticed the loss in performance.

And, yes I did remove the tank and got the fuel pump out. However, how do I separate it from the filter and gas lever meter?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
well you could certainly disassemble it... but you're not going to find parts. you'd have better luck finding a whole new pump.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,777 Posts
Yes you can separate the fuel pump into its individual parts for inspection & cleaning, I've done so on my bike many times, just takes a scew driver to remove the screws to pull it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts