Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted this in the 03-06 mods section but perhaps it would be better here, didnt get any response there..

I just purchased a used akrapovic oval can slip on, CF wrapped, for my 03 600rr, tried installing it and am having some fitment issues.

1) the inner spring is smashed up against the battery tray.

2) the cf mounting bracket that goes around the can has 2 tabs that stick up and the tabs are offset to one side. when looking from the back, which side are the tabs supposed to go, left or right, or does it not matter?

3) i think because of the spring smashed up against the battery tray, i think it doesnt go as far left as it needs to, and so the can comes out angled toward the left and hits the fender. i eventually wanted an FE so i guess now is as good a time as any, but i'd like to make the can come out centered.

i think all these problems are stemming from the underside of the battery tray and the pipe needing to occupy the same space... can anyone help me out?

i'll try to get some pictures when i get home, i had to leave my incomplete bike to finish up some homework :(

1) here is where i believe the problem is coming from, the spring is smashed up against that fin thing on the battery tray. only thing i can think of to do is maybe trim the bottom of the tray, but if you guys have better ideas id like to hear them bc id rather not trim if i can help it

3) here you can see how crooked the pipe comes out

please help me!

thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
not sure on the akra, but my arrow does the same thing. its really not crooked, thats just how the pipe is designed. i could be completely wrong, but when i installed my arrow i thought it was crooked also, but i was told that is just how the pipe was designed. the mount, the way you described it, seems correct. i cant remember which way it goes, but im pretty sure it does matter. so just try it both ways, you'll be able to tell one fits better than the other. hope this helps a little. i can put up pics of mine if you need

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for the bracket i tried both ways and didn't seem to make a difference.

for the can, will it be ok that its pushing up against the battery tray? if i trim the tray, will it have enough room to straighten out? reason i'm worried is because on akra's website, the pipe looks perfectly centered.

also something else i forgot, normally there is a heat shield behind the black guard just above the right rearset. this exhaust, and id imagine most if not all others, does not have holes to bolt he heat shield back on, so i just left it off and bolted the black guard back on, the middle hole has no where to go so the bolt was left out. should this be ok as well?

thanks for the replies! any feedback is appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts