Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off... #%*()%&@

Ok here goes.

I was sitting on my bike talking to a guy I know. (sitting upright, just sort of balancing the bike inbetween my legs).

Another guy I know comes up from behind and just hops on the back seat making the bike dip down in the rear and go over to the right. Before I could get my hands on the bars to keep it up it was already at the point of no return.

Now, there are minor things that got damaged. some clearcoat gone off fairings, looks like the mid fairing is coming away in one spot where the bolt appears stripped, aftermarket turn signal hanging by a thread, engine cover on right side scratched along the bottom, lower fairing missing some paint. Mirror pretty scratched.

What is your opinions on going about getting this stuff fixed? And how much do you think it will cost? I'm not made of money here so buying all new plastics is *not* really an option.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Make the Dik pay for it. But you can get all of the scratches buffed out of the farings and have them repainted. I paid 75 bucks to have that done. A new set of blinkers might cost you 20. I wouldnt worry about the engine cover.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did the guy that you know jump on the bike without your knowledge? Until it was obvious of course. Or did you know he was going to get on?

Anyways, the way your post reads it seems clear as to what you need to do. :bitchslap: the guy and make him pay for the damages resulting with his bone headed move. That is just uncalled for :scratch:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would definitely make the guy pay for it. Like natedwg88 said, you can get the scratches buffed out... depending on how deep they are. New signals are not expensive. You can try eBay if your engine cover scratches are really bothering you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a surprise, I did not know he was there.. snuck up from behind.

He offered to let me hit him.. I had my Teknic KRR replica gloves on and would have knocked him out with those i'm sure.

Any sort of body shop can buff them out do you think? Live in a smaller community without much for custom shops that know anything about bikes.

Problem with the signals. I have yet to see them for sale by themselves. They were the signals from the Competition Werkes FE kit. I've seen similar, but not quite the same :(

·
Registered
353 Posts
He pays for it or you are henceforth considered a woman on this board.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Competition Werkes let me choose what kind of Lockhart Philips signals I wanted with my kit. So check out www.lockhartphilips.com and you will probably find a replacement pair that will match the ones you have now.

As for buffing out scratches, go with the other people's advice here or fork out about $250 or so for the mid fairing. Put stickers over the scratches on the lower fairing.

As for the right side engine case cover check out Billet Tech in the vendor forums here. I was thinking about getting this for my scratched right side case cover or get a new cover one for about $116.00 (plus labor if you don't want to get messy)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
for the covers check out these. http://www.600rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6925 they may be a bit more money than you are looking to spend but man they are sick. And as an added benifit they hold up better than the stockers do. about the paint issue an body shop should be able to buff the fairings. if they dont or cant i would say they wont be in buss. much longer. then after all said and done go find your buddy add up all the costs to fix in your head and give him one of these :boxing: until you think hes paid up.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have to agree, if I played stupid and caused a buddy to dump his bike, I would pay ofr the damages no questions asked, it was my fault after all. Make the asshat pay.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Originally posted by dynamos2000:
He pays for it or you are henceforth considered a woman on this board.
That is some funny sh!t!!

If my "friend" did that to me and didn't pay for it, I'd be preparing my "temporary insanity" plea.

·
Registered
218 Posts
As Jesse James says "PAY UP SUCKER!"

Friends can get their a$$ beat too...Its the Principality of it homeboy.

·
Registered
378 Posts
about 124 bucks for new engine cover , stock mirrors are 54 bucks www.ronayers.com

the nicks and scratches you can hand sand down and repaint. the paint about 30 for exact match @ www.color-rite.com
charge him your own labor rate!

NEW signals between 15-30 bucks depending on what you have. hope you didnt have those gregg flushmounts

in total you'll probably spend less than 300 bucks
but i would really make him pay for everything !

how r you gonna just jump on the back of someone bike like that.
on top of that your a dude .

he was actin :Supergay: i would never jump on the back of another guys bike YUCK! :bitchslap:

heres your turnsignals dont follow the picture though scroll down
there the short stalk III i have the same kit ! there 19.99

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/pages/product-sub3.asp?id=136

you might wanna pick up a seat cowl while your at it so those idiots dont jump on the back anymore you can get one at www.ronayers.com as welll

1 - 20 of 23 Posts