Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i recently got a 03 cbr 600 for 800 bucks. Has ton of after market parts really nice bike, only problem is it was all taken apart. They wanted to do a valve job on it and they took the whole bike apart. Including the wiring. The dash turns on and bike cranks over but has no spark and the fuel pump isn't priming, checked all fuses including PGM fi fuse. FI light is on, Also i don't have everything connected there is lots on connecters that don't have anywhere to plug into. I tired looking on a wiring diagram and can't find where they plug into which is making me think i have missing sensors/wiring harness. I have all main things connected, throttle bodies, have a good ground, all connecters from dash are connected, ecu . Is there any wiring harness that is separate from the main wiring like the coil harness that plugs into the main harness, and what needs to be plugged in for the bike to have spark and fuel pump signal. Also can i read codes on the bike? I had i had gsxr and i used to be able to read codes on that. Thanks guys

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wow, what a deal!!! Welcome!!!

BAS (tipover sensor), without functional one plugged in, no fuel or spark.
It usually goes up front by headlight.

Look at wire-colours on your disconnected connectors. Then find that same set of colours in wiring-diagram and it should show what should be connected.

Codes can be flashed on dash. Here's procedure: Trouble Codes

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, what a deal!!! Welcome!!!

BAS (tipover sensor), without functional one plugged in, no fuel or spark.
It usually goes up front by headlight.

Look at wire-colours on your disconnected connectors. Then find that same set of colours in wiring-diagram and it should show what should be connected.

Codes can be flashed on dash. Here's procedure: Trouble Codes

Good luck! :)
The tip over sensor is plugged in, is there anyway i can check if it is working or in good condition ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
With sensor vertical, measure resistance between 2 outside terminals. Should be continuous contact, zero ohms.

Also trace these wires back to ECU and measure there. Could be that BAS is working perfectly fine, but wiring is defective in between.

Verify state of safety switches; clutch, neutral and sidestand. At switches themselves and other end of harness wires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With sensor vertical, measure resistance between 2 outside terminals. Should be continuous contact, zero ohms.

Also trace these wires back to ECU and measure there. Could be that BAS is working perfectly fine, but wiring is defective in between.

Verify state of safety switches; clutch, neutral and sidestand. At switches themselves and other end of harness wires.
Just wanted to update you guys, i un did all the connecters and started from 0, used a wire diagram found out what goes where and it started.Not just trying to clean up the wiring diagram, trying to make it look like it comes oem which is a challenge. Thank you all 👍🏻👍🏻

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey good job!!! Undoing spaghetti wiring can be extremely daunting! Glad you're able to
sort though this!

Maybe some people with 03-04 bikes can post some photos of factory wiring to help you restore?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey good job!!! Undoing spaghetti wiring can be extremely daunting! Glad you're able to
sort though this!

Maybe some people with 03-04 bikes can post some photos of factory wiring to help you restore?
yes i made a post asking for maybe a wiring diagram that shows how it sits on the bike, thanks for ur help guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts