Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum. I'm getting an 03 soon. (maybe) I was just wondering what you have to do to get an 05 CBR fairing on the 03. I saw one guy do it on here. Do you need special equpment or do you just slap on the fairing? Does the same thing work for the lowers? I really like the 05 fairng. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. i saw apex's post and thats where i got the idea. Love the bike by the way apex. Thing is i found a salvage cbr dirt cheap and might want to convert it just the same. i wanna buy an 07 but have no where near the mony or credit for a loan. This is the best thing that i can do. It'll raise the resale hopefullyl. I'll let you know if i go through with it. Is there any way to make the tail of an 05 fit though?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
^^ I did the exact same thing as you man and it turned out to be a REAL good investment for me. I bought this salvage title o3 for $2600 and sold the crappy body work that came on it for about 400 so now i have $2200 into the bike. I bought a full set of o5 fairings and Jardine slip on pipe for $1000. I sold the o5 tail and bought an o4 tail for the same price, sold the o5 front fender and bought an o3 fender for the same price as well. So at this point i have $3200 into the bike and i just sold it last weekend for $5500. Not a bad way to make a quick 2300 bucks to put towards your o7 you wanna get ...

WherzRoony said:
Good point, by the time you get all of the plastics and tidbits you'll need, they would probably cost about the same.
This is true. After you sell the old o3/o4 fairings (assuming you bought the bike with fairings) you come out just about even. The o5/o6 fairings have slight changes from the previous 2 year 600RRs and makes the bike look MUCH better i think.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awsome. my bike doesn't have any frame damage but how did you get a full set of plastic so cheap? Did you go aftermarket? How much, thats the key for plastic?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what are ram air ports? how much are they? do i have to get them? apex or someone help me out please.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
man you can find pretty much anything you need on egay, just dont get bid happy and bid on the first day. i usually wait til the last few minutes of an auction and swipe it out from under the high bidder

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Slade - I got the full fairing set from a buddy of mine who bought his o5 brand new and was gonna track it out so the body work had 200 miles on em ha. I would say the same set would go for about $1400 on ebay. As long as you dont spend like $2000 on fairings its a good investment. The ram air ducts are tubes that go from the ports on the upper cowl to the air box. I opted not to buy a set and put em on because A) they aren't all that functional at all B) You can hardly tell they aren'y there as long as the ram air COVERs are on and C) I was just too lazy. If you want to pick a set up they really aren't that expensive at all.

·
Registered
886 Posts
just put the 05/06 front end on there and call it a day

·
Registered
886 Posts
and i now have 600 posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
and i now have 600 posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Slade said:
thanks guys. i saw apex's post and thats where i got the idea. Love the bike by the way apex. Thing is i found a salvage cbr dirt cheap and might want to convert it just the same. i wanna buy an 07 but have no where near the mony or credit for a loan. This is the best thing that i can do. It'll raise the resale hopefullyl. I'll let you know if i go through with it. Is there any way to make the tail of an 05 fit though?

I would never ever ever ever go near a salvage bike. You could give me a perfectly repaired salvage bike and I would take it to the nearest dumpster. I dont think you are going to be able to raise the resale to much.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If you really know about sportbikes then a salvage title is just a peice of paper that lowers the resale value of your bike. If you know how to carefully look over and inspect a bike there is nothing that can be hidden from you. The only thing that really sucks about a salvage title is if you are in possesion of the bike when it goes from clean to salvage, thats were you loose money. If you buy a salvage title bike at a salvage title price then there really isn't much money to loose, possibly some to make if the bike isn't fully rebuilt. Saying you would just throw away a perfectly rebuilt salvage bike is just ignorant. And if you were to read the entire thread before posting then you would have read my experience, raising the resale by nearly 75% isn't too bad i dont think ...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do i need to have the ram air tubes? Does it hurt not to have them. Whats the cheapest way to get new plastic?

·
Registered
8 Posts
can i just get the 05 upper front fairing and swap it on to my 04? or do i need the the whole set from the 05, upper front and mid?

·
Registered
771 Posts
apex, i checked out ur pics of the conversion in your thread. nice work man. so all you did at the end was change out the nose fairing to an '05 and everything else is '03-'04, correct? it would have been nice to see pics of the bike before you started your work. i would have personally added a front fork conversion with the radial mounted calipers but that may have thrown your profit margin off.

btw who the hell tagged up ur swing arm in that one pic?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts