Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 cbr600rr from a guy didn't have a gas tank and was missing a couple of parts. Anyways, the bike wasn't about to start because It had no gas tank when I bought it. I bought the gas tank installed it. Added oil because you couldn't see it in the side glass ended up adding to much oil by accident. The fuel pump kick on and all gauges work every thing seems to be there spark plugs look new to me. But the bike only turns over it won't start. Doesn't even act like it wants to start. The tilt sensor is unmounted and just hanging freely. I'm clueless with bikes. Please help me out

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. One more question. The oil pressure light is on an doesn't turn off. Does that have any meaning?

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I have an 09', it doesn't turn off until the bike is actually running... well it should turn off if all is good.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
the fuel lines could just be dry and not have fuel in them yet, you could try manipulating the throttle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bypassed the BAS still won't start. You guys have any other ideas? Everything seems to be working fine. The only thing I could think of it's not getting spark. It's getting fuel and air

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
You'd be surprised how much this happens but make sure your kill switch isn't engaged.
Chances are this isn't it, but just in case I'll throw it out there. When I first bought my 09' I couldn't get it to start either and it was because the kill switch was just barely engaged even though it I had it toggled off. On my bike you can toggle off the kill switch like you would any other switch, but there is just this little extra you have to push it in to get it to fully disengage. I pressed the heck out of it and haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Bypassed the BAS still won't start. You guys have any other ideas? Everything seems to be working fine. The only thing I could think of it's not getting spark. It's getting fuel and air
did you try manipulating the throttle a few times?

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
keep trying it between full throttle and zero throttle. It might take you a while to get the fuel drawn from the tank to the injectors

1 - 20 of 35 Posts