Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Ok so I jumped the test plug and pulled up 10 different codes, I reset it all and so far they haven't returned. Bike still won't start at the moment but at least I'm making some progress. The codes were 11 - speed sensor circuit malfunction, 19- ignition pulse generator malfunction, 12 13 14 15-all primary injectors malfunction or open circuit, 16 17 48 49- all secondary injectors malfunction or open circuit
Moving in the right direction does your fuel pump prime now ?

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
The FI light stays on until you attempt to start the bike then it should disappear .

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Try the roll on full throttle process hopefully you will get it running

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Alright tried it and no luck yet. The battery is back on the charger and I'll retry tomorrow. The FI light goes off when the fuel pump relay clicks then came back on a couple times while cranking then would go back off. I'll keep at it and hopefully have some good news soon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Alright for now focus on the injector codes, the code 19 your pulse generator is part of ignition circuit and you said you thought your bike to be firing, so your pulse generator/exciter coil should NOT affect any fuel issues. This coil only tells the bike when to fire when your crankshaft is turning. I am about to go get my manual and take a look at how the speed sensor ties into your injectors. If the speed sensor is in series with your injectors, you may have possibly found your problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ok awesome. The first blink is one long one short (11) then it goes 19, 12, 13,14,15, 16, 17, 48,49 then cycles back. I thought it was supposed to go from smallest to largest so I'm not sure how 19 got thrown into the mix where it did

·
Registered
23 Posts
ok well manual says with VS sensor, code 11 engine should still operate normally. Code 19,12,13'12'15'16'17'48'49 states in manual "engine won't start. I had said earlier that the pulser should not affect this circuit, but it does run straight into ECM So I would start with 19. CKP/pulser, the down side is part CKP does not have a continuity check and it is supposed to have peak voltage test done. This test requires peak voltage adapter to multimeter, which most likely you may not have and would be performed with engine turning over. So this is not a test where you could just take it off and go have tested. You may want to consider getting a known good one, to save trouble. Looks like pulser is about 30 bucks on bikebandit.com I would also make sure all connections are good Especially At ECM; Unplug and clean gang plug with contact cleaner. Good Luck, at least you are starting to possibly get it narrowed down.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Alright awesome thanks for the info. I'll get some contact cleaner and go over all the connections just to be sure and I'll probably order that part from bike bandit just to rule it out. When I get home tonight I'll see if any more codes pull up on the bike since I cleared them all yesterday. Thanks for all of your guys help so far

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
And to replace that I take it ill need to remove the right crank case cover and get a new gasket?
I agree on removing the cover but there is no gasket you got to use RVT silicone Gasket Maker to make a new gasket after scrapping the old stuff off the cover

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Alright just wanted to see if there was anything else I needed to order with the pulse generator. Thanks man
My pleasure hopefully that will get it running :fiddy:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I really hope so too. Either way I'll post back on here the verdict. I work later in the day tomorrow so I'm gonna go through all the connectors and clean/tighten them up so I can get a jump start for later when the part comes in

21 - 40 of 55 Posts