Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
I really hope so too. Either way I'll post back on here the verdict. I work later in the day tomorrow so I'm gonna go through all the connectors and clean/tighten them up so I can get a jump start for later when the part comes in
Sounds like a plan :banger:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well I think I found part of the issue. The plug coming from the pulse generator was buried under a bunch of stuff on top of the motor and covered in gunk along with some other connectors. I'm cleaning it now and hopefully it didn't short out the generator

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Alright well after cleaning the connector it's still not firing up and pulling up the mil code 19. The new part is ordered but won't be here for another 2 weeks. So now I get to tidy up and clean all the electrical components while I wait

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So I got the new ignition pulse generator in and replaced it. Got everything buttoned up today and hit the start button and it burped trying to start. I hit the button again and it pulled up the FI light again. I ran the mil codes and got 18 (cam position sensor malfuntion) and 19 (ignition pulse generator malfunction again). Does it seem like a wiring issue or should I replace the cam sensor?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Ok I re-cleared the codes and tried to crank it (wot then none then wot cycling) and the FI light came back on. I ran the codes and it's just showing mil code 18. My question is there any way to replace the sensor directly or do I have to replace the whole throttle body with it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Umm, hi. I notice your post isn't exactly new but, I've been racking my brain for some time with the identical problem your bike had. Same injector codes (11,12,13,14,15,16,17 and the other two for secondary injectors). Replaced cam sensor and ecm, and still no start. Pump primes, engine sparks, no injector pulse. Did you ever fix yours?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have got the same issue with the engine cranking and fuel priming but not starting. With the following codes

8 blinks: TP sensor circuit malfunction, Poor performance on quick throttle operation
11 blinks: Vehicle speed sensor circuit malfunction, EON
24 blinks: No. 2 O2 sensor heater malfunction (California only), EON

·
Registered
38 Posts
ive got the same issue and cant get her started, does anyone know what the fix was here? the codes that were showing on mine were 1 mapsensor, 9 intake air temp sensor, 19 pulse generator and 23 oxygen sensor heating element....i got all new parts and did the erase code procedure and the codes are gone for now but it still has no life when i crank... like theres no combustion whatsoever... i only start to get some combustion when i hold throttle wide open (flooded engine start procedure), EVERY time i hold throttle open it fires and starts the run only long enough to get me excited then shiuts off, it never actually reaches a steady idle or a smooth rpm, its almost there just not quite....idk what else to do ive been at this for months,(no joke) and i feel ive tried everything. im desperate....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am in the same exact boat here with a 2006. I have tried literally everything. I could write a research paper with the amount of research and forums I have crawled. I cant find a single person that ever comes back saying they fixed it. BIG SAD

·
Registered
38 Posts
if i had to guess i would say cam position sensor is bad, if it is you have to replace the entire throttle body and sensor as a unit, im not sure if it can be tested without the test harness or not...i was reading this cuz ive been having a world of trouible starting my bike (03) with similar but not identical problems. just found out the ECM is faulty.
maybe try clearing the codes and then trying to start and see what happens if the codes come back or not. i cleared all my codes and right after the procedure the FI light will start blinking..20 blinks means its all good but if it blinks 33 times, well you need a new ECM dont know if that helps but thqats what i got for you

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the same exact boat here with a 2006. I have tried literally everything. I could write a research paper with the amount of research and forums I have crawled. I cant find a single person that ever comes back saying they fixed it. BIG SAD
Hey man did you ever get your bike running from this problem? If so how did you fix it

·
Registered
3 Posts
ive got the same issue and cant get her started, does anyone know what the fix was here? the codes that were showing on mine were 1 mapsensor, 9 intake air temp sensor, 19 pulse generator and 23 oxygen sensor heating element....i got all new parts and did the erase code procedure and the codes are gone for now but it still has no life when i crank... like theres no combustion whatsoever... i only start to get some combustion when i hold throttle wide open (flooded engine start procedure), EVERY time i hold throttle open it fires and starts the run only long enough to get me excited then shiuts off, it never actually reaches a steady idle or a smooth rpm, its almost there just not quite....idk what else to do ive been at this for months,(no joke) and i feel ive tried everything. im desperate....
Hey did you ever get your bike running having same issue and can not figure it out at all

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try this process hold the throttle wide open while hitting the starter button wide open throttle will stop the spark plugs from being flooded with fuel as long as your fuel pump Is priming that process should work it will take a few trials to get the engine running so be patient once it starts hold the throttle for a few minutes till you feel the bike would Idle on its own otherwise it might die again which will make it even tougher to start
But if your injectors aren't opening your not going to get fuel anyway.correct
Ok so I jumped the test plug and pulled up 10 different codes, I reset it all and so far they haven't returned. Bike still won't start at the moment but at least I'm making some progress. The codes were 11 - speed sensor circuit malfunction, 19- ignition pulse generator malfunction, 12 13 14 15-all primary injectors malfunction or open circuit, 16 17 48 49- all secondary injectors malfunction or open circuit

41 - 55 of 55 Posts