Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I bought an 03 CBR600RR and it is having a big issue upshifting from 2nd into 3rd. 1st to 2nd is perfect, then I pull in the clutch and try going up to 3rd...no luck. Eventually after about 4 or 5 attempts it will finally get into gear. Then, when I try to go from 3rd to 4th...same thing. After it gets into 4th, going into 5th and 6th is perfect. It has a brand new oil change and I used Mobil 1 for motorcycles. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is weird...I rode it again to bring it into the shop...and it functioned perfectly. Didn't skip a beat and shifted like it was brand new. Any idea what would make the problem clear up? Or come and go if it comes back?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
check for binding in any of the shift linkage rod ends. if they can't rotate freely then you may have issues

have you touched anything in that area lately? removed the linkage or similar?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the linkage all seems to be free and I haven't done anything besides an oil change recently. I used proper Mobil 1 for motorcycles oil also.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
is your clutch properly adjusted?

if it doesn't happen all the time, you need to eliminate yourself from the equation lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts