Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help...... have a 03 CBR600RR gonna make it short and quick , bike turns over but fuel pump keeps on priming , doesn’t stop like it usually should like after three secs or less , , but when I take off fuel rail and turn it on gas is running thru the bikes fuel rail but like I said bike turns over but doesn’t start , fuel pump doesn’t stop priming it Jaír keeps on going battery is good even bought a new one still nothing , any help and I mean any help would really be appreciated and no this isn’t a troll riding season is coming up from winter and I want my baby to be ready 😁😁

·
Registered
119 Posts
If the fuel pump won't stop pressurizing it's either the fuel pump is bad (not enough pressure generated for the pressure sensor to shut it off) or there's a leak somewhere so it keeps trying to get to the cut off pressure, but you would smell that. Swap out the pump, they are cheap (on eBay) and easy to swap out.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,811 Posts
there is no pressure sensor to shut off the pump when it primes. it runs for a time prescribed by the ecu. there is no fuel pressure feedback circuit on these bikes. very common misconception.

if the fuel pump doesn't stop you may have a ground fault in the control line between the relay and ecu, or a stuck relay. or perhaps someone forced it on full time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the fuel pump won't stop pressurizing it's either the fuel pump is bad (not enough pressure generated for the pressure sensor to shut it off) or there's a leak somewhere so it keeps trying to get to the cut off pressure, but you would smell that. Swap out the pump, they are cheap (on eBay) and easy to swap out.
Yup currently doing that I’ve ran the pump and checked to see if there was a leak and no leak at all so rn I’m just going with a new pump I still going to see if the Injectors will spray with them out but still gonna buy one I’ve seen a couple on eBay for 160$ but worth a try if not could be a wire problem but I doubt it but thanks for the info man

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is no pressure sensor to shut off the pump when it primes. it runs for a time prescribed by the ecu. there is no fuel pressure feedback circuit on these bikes. very common misconception.

if the fuel pump doesn't stop you may have a ground fault in the control line between the relay and ecu, or a stuck relay. or perhaps someone forced it on full time.
So otherwise I have to get a whole new wire harness cause I’m not about to rip about wires and check all the tiny wires

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
check wiring , not hard to do...and if it's crappy/shorting wiring, it'll do the same to the next pump you put in.
100% solid wiring system is the first step.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts