Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 600rr with just over 6,000 miles on it, and dumped the bike early august of this year!! I scraped up the plastics a bit and did all the body work on it and got it all painted up looking good! Now just this past saturday me and a buddy were finally putting the bike back together, and finally got to the point where we installed the battery and were ready to fire it up. Turned the key, and realized that the fuel pump was not priming at all. started digging around and also realized power commander was not turning on. eventually found that the PC3 was not grounded. Hooked it up to the negitive side of the battery and tried again. Once more the fuel pump was not priming, nor was the power commander on. The weird part is that the day after the wreck and a couple days after the wreck the bike fired up no problem. The only couple things i can think of would be the tip sensor was mounted under the cluster incorrectly...ive been trying to wrap my head around this for the past couple days! I dont know if my power commander went bad over the month it was sitting, or if its my fuel pump, or tip sensor.. everything else on the bike comes to life when you hit the key! PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuses look good! If it was the sensor would that restrict the power commander from not turning on? Is there any way to visually see that the tip sensor is mounted correctly?

·
Registered
69 Posts
IMO you have a short in your harness somewhere. Good luck finding it is all I got to say. No you can't see the BAS without taking the dang front end apart I don't think :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts