Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a brand that makes front axle sliders for the 03-04 600RR? I've looked on motomummy, sportbiketrackgear, and revzilla but none of the brands like GB Racing, R&G, Shogun, Lightech, etc are shown to fit that model.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I ordered mine from OESAccessories.com a few years back. However, I just checked their site, and they don't seem to be listed anymore.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, sorry I'm a bit late to the party, but I've got R&G front fork sliders... so they do make them for the 03-05 RR

I ended up getting R&G rear axle sliders, wish I knew about those. Where did you get them from if you remember? I checked all the major vendors and the only R&G ones I saw were for 05+, not 03-04 forks.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh well, now I know. Honestly I like the tapered look of the Womet Tech sliders from TST over the look of the R&G, but I can't say they would stand up better in a crash than the R&G just because there is less material when the slider would first meet the road. Hopefully never have to find out.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yeah, fingers crossed you never need to rely on them.

To be honest, I lowsided on an icy evening not long after fitting them, and they didn't even touch the road! Still look brand new!
It was only slow speed though, but they're nice and chunky so should do their job well if needed.

keep it shiny side up!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update on the Womet Tech Sliders from TST, they do not fit out of the box. The plastic of the slider contacts the area just outside the recess for the axle nut. This added gap means that the bolt can only get a few threads into the rod that goes thru the axle before you beginning torquing it down, meaning the bolt is going to bend and/or its going to strip the threads out of the rod. And the protection would probably just snap off in the event of a crash.

I've contacted them and one of the guys there actually has them on a earlier RR like mine, so hopefully he'll be able to get this figured out for me.

Also one other thing is that the replacement axle bolt provided can only be torqued to about 33 lb/ft while spec for OEM nut is 43 lb/ft. Not a fan of disregarding factory torque settings especially on the front wheel nut.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah, sorry I'm a bit late to the party, but I've got R&G front fork sliders... so they do make them for the 03-05 RR

Can you take another picture to give me a better idea of the spacing on the sliders comparing left and right sides? I bought the R&G Rear sliders and the spacing on them is garbage, making my right rear spool eat the impact before the right side axle slider.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much of a "non-fit" are they?

Try heating them up?

Gently - to about 120-30f in a cup of hot water.

tap them in with a soft hammer?
You can see the size of the recessed area above the axle nut in InsolentMinx's pic. Its big enough to cover that gap and hit that upper lip. I don't think its gonna tap in without putting quite a bit of side pressure on the bolt in there.

I really just need to upgrade to 07+ forks and 05+ swingarm so I don't keep running into these problems. Good enough excuse to spend money right?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
A bit of machine work would make them fit nice.

take bike and parts to a local machine shop, they can cut them down very cleanly to a perfect fit.

probably $20-30 ?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A bit of machine work would make them fit nice.

take bike and parts to a local machine shop, they can cut them down very cleanly to a perfect fit.

probably $20-30 ?
I'll go at them with a dremel before I pay anything else to make them fit. Really I just want to return them and say eff the protection, if my forks get damaged I'm just gonna upgrade them anyways.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Id return them. Idk about fork sliders in the 2 wrecks ive had my forks never touched the ground. The first time i had fork sliders in and it got ripped right off the fork. There was no damage to the fork thank god. I dont really think the slider did what it was supposed to do. So i removed the one that was left. I think if you have a clean low slide you should be fine. Now what you need are case savers every time ive been down i got to watch my bike slide away on the engine. Frame or swing arm never touched the pavement. Engines are more expensive than forks in my experience..

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Id return them. Idk about fork sliders in the 2 wrecks ive had my forks never touched the ground. The first time i had fork sliders in and it got ripped right off the fork. There was no damage to the fork thank god. I dont really think the slider did what it was supposed to do. So i removed the one that was left. I think if you have a clean low slide you should be fine. Now what you need are case savers every time ive been down i got to watch my bike slide away on the engine. Frame or swing arm never touched the pavement. Engines are more expensive than forks in my experience..
Ya I've never had my forks hit the ground in my couple lowsides. My cases are already rashed from the PO and my own accidents. I just purchased brand new OEM covers and some Woodcraft case savers, so that is taken care of. I went all out on bike protection this shopping season but it looks like axle sliders front and rear are hard to find for the 03-04. But if those parts get damaged I'm just going to upgrade them to newer years parts and have all the newer options for those components anyways.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Shame they don't fit... Maybe they just sent you the wrong size by mistake?

Can you take another picture to give me a better idea of the spacing on the sliders comparing left and right sides? I bought the R&G Rear sliders and the spacing on them is garbage, making my right rear spool eat the impact before the right side axle slider.
Sure, I'll get some pics later today :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts