Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought an 03 Honda Cbr 600rr. It was my first bike that I ever purchased and everything ran fine. However, it had cosmetic damages which didn't worry me too much as it is my first bike.

Inspecting it about a week later, I noticed that there had beed some crappy fixes on this bike and a lot of issues. I started looking in the owner's manual and noticed that my bike I bought was missing the air ducts :banghead:

I was wondering if it was okay to ride the bike with out air ducts or would I have to go buy new ones?

Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi, I recently bought an 03 Honda Cbr 600rr. It was my first bike that I ever purchased and everything ran fine. However, it had cosmetic damages which didn't worry me too much as it is my first bike.

Inspecting it about a week later, I noticed that there had beed some crappy fixes on this bike and a lot of issues. I started looking in the owner's manual and noticed that my bike I bought was missing the air ducts :banghead:

I was wondering if it was okay to ride the bike with out air ducts or would I have to go buy new ones?

Thanks.
You know I kinda wondered that for a while. The only harm I can see happening is if something fuckn big gets stuck into the vent... but the airfilter sits on top so nothing can get into the intake that could cause damage. As a workaround I was actually going to make a meshwire that goes around where the air ducts go that way you dont need the ducts and still keep **** out.....However I believe that you get better cooling though because its forced into the air filter. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know I kinda wondered that for a while. The only harm I can see happening is if something fuckn big gets stuck into the vent... but the airfilter sits on top so nothing can get into the intake that could cause damage. As a workaround I was actually going to make a meshwire that goes around where the air ducts go that way you dont need the ducts and still keep **** out.....However I believe that you get better cooling though because its forced into the air filter. Just my 2 cents
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I think I bought a ******* lemon of a bike. I think I might down the road get a new duct system just so I can have everything put together, but It pisses me off I mad such a bad purchase for my first bike.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I think I bought a ******* lemon of a bike. I think I might down the road get a new duct system just so I can have everything put together, but It pisses me off I mad such a bad purchase for my first bike.
Yea I know nothing sucks more than 2nd guessing a purchase. Check these out these are cheaper than OEM. I'm running them on my 05.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ram-Air-Intake-Tube-Duct-For-Honda-CBR600RR-2003-2004-/390841580654?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5afff93c6e&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't think anything major will come from it but I would put something there just to play it safe. Don't forget it's a Honda, these bikes are beast.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Previous owner must have ran it this way for some time, my assumption is that it would be fine but the posted link seems like a good route to go for 60 bucks

·
Registered
862 Posts
Remember that the air ducts do more than one job - They not only guide the air in from the front into the intake box but also separate out the water that gets sucked in through the nose if you ride in the rain. Needless to say, a soggy air filter will screw with your mixture. Slap a new pair in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts