Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I just bought an 03 600rr and the previous owner HACKED the electrical on this bike. Ill slowly iron it out but I have an issue. The plug to the gauge cluster his 2 wires hanging out as if they were pulled out of the plug but still in the loom. The tach and the gas gauge dont work. Oddly the tach does work its just approx 5-6k lower than the rps are. Think he tried changing led colors and messed up re installing the needle. Anyway. The gas gauge, the bars just start in the middle and go out, over and over and over. Never reads an actual amount.

What im looking for is maybe a wiring diagram or a diagram showing what colors go in what opening in the cluster plug.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Hope this helps, if you need more I have all the wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope this helps, if you need more I have all the wiring diagrams.

Wow! Thank you! Thats exactly what I needed. Im sure i can figure it out when im looking at the plug, but ill ask anyway.... All the wiring diagrams read the same. All the wires going into the plug are represented in 1 row. Ie. A plug that is rectangle with 2 rows of 6 wires. 12 wires total. The diagram seems to show 12(?) wires in a row. Not sure if im explaining that right. Are the odd numbers top and evens bottom?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I really can't remember if it's odds on top and evens on the bottom or not and I'm not with my bike at the moment. Maybe you can compare the wire colors to the diagram and that will make it clearer. I don't want to tell you the wrong thing and result in frying electrical components. There are some real electrical wizards on the site though so maybe someone else will chime in with the correct info.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I've had service manuals that showed the exact pin out on plugs like that, but this clymer doesn't. Color coded schematics though! Lol. Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Darthfader!! Ill be ok as only 2 wires are pulled out on and there not right next to eachother. I figured id ask about the pin layout in case I was missing the obvious. LOL

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Red with green stripe comes from 'F-Odometer' 10 amp fuse in the fuse box. Is the other loose one brown with black stripe?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Red with green stripe comes from 'F-Odometer' 10 amp fuse in the fuse box. Is the other loose one brown with black stripe?
I believe so. I was feeling adventurous and impatient so i tried them the way "I" thought they should go. The other wire is the fuel level signal wire. I need to push the connectors that are currently still in the plug that the wires were pulled from, Add a 1-2in piece of wire with a terminal on one end, get them back in the plug somehow and splice them in. I called a few electrical outfits in town (Sacramento) and no one seems to have the terminals to fit back in the honda factory plug.....

My two options are....

"Try" to take it to a local car stero shop that does high end car audio, boats and home theater... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

OR

Buy a new harness.....

Id love an option #3 if ya can think of anything :banghead::thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts