Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm new to this forum - recently bought a used 03' CBR600RR (in RED)

Last night while riding I noticed the right blinker signal works intermitently and the same with the high beam light. Is something lose or possibly a short?

Another pain in as well is the fuel gague seems to be off , after I fill it up it says there is only 5 of 7 blocks. Which also plays a role with the low fuel blinking. I usually will burn about 1.5 gallons of fuel until it starts to blink.

When I fill it up, I'll fitll it to the metal cage for the cap.

Is it a possibility that my instrument panel is all together messed up?

Bike still has 2 years left on the warantee.

Any help would be great! THanks!

-Craig

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And what about the funky fuel reading...is a sensor gone?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is this located....I just got the bike a few days ago so bear with me, I tried to trace some of the wires to see if anything is loose...gauge seems to be covered pretty well?

-Craig

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was able to grab my younger sister and coach her into pushing the plug into the gague cluster. Now the only thing left to get fixed is the fuel problem.

It will blink that I'm empty...but then it will re-adust and say I have 2 bars left. Sometimes it even does some funky 'show of bars' where it will light them all up and then they will all dissapear slowly...i'm guessing this is what is supose to happen when you are allll out of fuel?

Anyone?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
You mean like this? If that's the case it sounds like your in tank fuel sensor may be bad or you could still have a short somewhere else.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
But the rest of the guage is working properly now?

Read those two paragraphs. It could still be in the wiring harness somewhere.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All the lights work properly on gauge.

The bike is still under warantee, but I don't want to take it to the local dealership if it's an easy fix in under an hour.

-Craig

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
If it's the fuel sensor take it in. You'll have to pull the tank and the entire fuel pump assembly out in order to replace it. Atleast you have narrowed it down for them so maybe they'll only keep it for a month or two.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i had the same problem with mine , except i had it in the shop from an accident with another bike and they had to replace a lot of shat, and there was some thing wrong with the connection , everything thing on the display worked , minus the high beam indicator.. Never taken it back to that shop after seeing how they fixxed my bike!!!!! it only took 4 times back to get it all squared away!!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had a sending unit just up and **** on me on my 04, it wouldnt read correctly, so I took it to the stealer. They tested it and found it went bad, warranted it and bent the new one when they installed it :) I cracked it open and fixed the new one myself, they just bent the float bracket.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Kevlar said:
I had a sending unit just up and **** on me on my 04, it wouldnt read correctly, so I took it to the stealer. They tested it and found it went bad, warranted it and bent the new one when they installed it :) I cracked it open and fixed the new one myself, they just bent the float bracket.
F'n slackers! Good for you!

·
Registered
273 Posts
no i am not in the military, this happened last year, when my buddy on his R1 ran into my bike after doing a wheelie right at me, not the smartest kid!!!!!! lol , but it is all better now after $2,800.00

1 - 17 of 17 Posts