Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting my new bike shortly. I obviously would love to get the new tribal flame 05 however, since there will be a waiting list for them, I figure that it will be pretty tough getting a good deal on one. So now...its between the 03 and the 04. Since some of you guys have ridden both of these bikes, I was hoping for some advice......03 or 04?? I am a new rider (street), and I could use all the help I can get. Thanks.

BTW - I would like to commend the people of this site for making this such a great place to hang out for a while. Kudo's to you all!

·
Registered
346 Posts
meddie.. new avatar huh.. great.. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
they are essentially the same bike but the 03's have problems with the rectifyer (?) or some charging system component. The 04's were fixed. other than that its purely color...

·
Registered
419 Posts
if you want yellow or red with red tail then 03, if you want red with a black tail or blue then 04.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have an 03' and have never had a problem with my charging system, so it is purely asthetics.... What color are you wanting? 03's of course should be cheaper since it is a little older.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
TRBO2NR said:
I have an 03' and have never had a problem with my charging system, so it is purely asthetics.... .
I've read lots of threads here talking about poor charging and dead batteries, all attributed to a poor 03 charging system (when not ridden at higher revs as some appear to do in city riding).

·
Registered
602 Posts
if you want black, i'd say you go with 04. because 03 had a recall. i've ordered mine, and it is just a small piece.. but i'm guessing newer the better. i've not exactly had the charging problem, but i'm beginning to get worried about it as my bike died on me twice now. 1) maybe i didn't warm it out correctly at cold night 2) bike got hot. i suspect neither of them were related to charging system, but just for the peace of mind, get 04. unless you want the fastest color; yellow :twisted:

·
Registered
417 Posts
um... it really didn't feel any different betwee the years... it's slow and sluggish... until you upgrade it with PC3/Arata, 520 conversion, vortex rearsets... mang it looks faster... LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts