Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any kown problems with the electrical system on the '03 600rr as far as the battery staying charged? There is an alternator/generator type device on the bike somewhere isn't there? Yes... retarded question I know

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
there has been a few problems with the battery staying charged. mine wouldn't stay charged - i replaced it with a new one after i got tired of messing with it - no problems since.

·
Registered
248 Posts
only problem i had with the battery was ryding in dc with the highbeam on.... during traffic one evening.... high revs and no fast rydin made the battery not start the bike again... but never had a problem since then

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
FYI
The best thing to do to conserve battery juce when you are at red lights
and the fan kicks on is too turn off the high beam till you start moving again

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
The regulator/rectifier on some bikes was being affected by the heat and there were charging problems. I have an early '03 and never had any issues so far. On some bikes it was cured with a new battery and later model regulator/rectifier.

·
Registered
604 Posts
natecoop said:
there has been a few problems with the battery staying charged. mine wouldn't stay charged - i replaced it with a new one after i got tired of messing with it - no problems since.
same here..bought the bike june of 05' bike had 400mi. on it and the original battery. it wouldn't stay charged. broke down on me once. i got a new battery no problems since.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have an 03 and my battery wouldn't hold charge so I had my regular mechanic change the rectifier and bought a new battery. It works fine now. Good luck with your bike!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts