Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this would be a bias forum to ask but personally from experience, which is a better bike? And if so why? The reason I ask is I have seen 03 r6's smoke 05 Cbr's and im trying to decide what bike to buy..

·
Registered
123 Posts
I can only speak for myself, but the main thing that attracts me to Hondas is the amazing quality. I've had an Accord that has held up amazingly for a decade, needing nothing but oil changes and the like. I think you're buying something that will keep its resale value and won't break down.

Don't R6s have a rep for having a little more horsepower, but less tech than a CBR?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I know that this would be a bias forum to ask but personally from experience, which is a better bike? And if so why? The reason I ask is I have seen 03 r6's smoke 05 Cbr's and im trying to decide what bike to buy..[/quote]

No, you have seen pro RIDERS on r6's smoke average riders on 05 cbr's.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've only ridden an 04 R6, but I can definitely say I prefer my bike (03 600rr) over the R6. The RR just seems to handle so much better in the corners. I also do not feel any dramatic difference in power between the two bikes. Nothing that would make me consider giving up the reliability and handling of my RR anyways.

Also thought I would mention that when I'm on my bike and my brother-in-law is riding his R6 on the straights I have absolutely no trouble keeping up. The bikes feel pretty even power wise. I'm also a good 80lbs heavier than the rider of the R6.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i had a 05 r6 i bought new and it was a nice bike but now i own an 03rr and the fit and finish is much better on the rr vs the r6 in my opinion. I also agree with the above both feel very similar on power just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My last track bike was an 03 R6. The only issue I had was the 03's are notorious for a sort of hesitation or a stutter type thing. Some guys on the R6 forums I used to frequent reported major stalling issues with especially the 03. My track bike was scary in that it would intermittently stutter or lose power at high RPM. It was downright scary at times and would happen in corners too. It was like it would all of a sudden fire on three cylinders or something. The original ignition coils were Denso I believe and were recalled I think to be replaced with Mitsubishi I believe or the other way around, I can't remember. I replaced mine and it still did it so I bought a fuel pump, throttle bodies and a few sensors off ebay from a 07 R6S and just replaced the parts and the problem went away. There was a lot of speculation it was the throttle psition sensor and a cleaning/ adjustment would fix it but the problem would come back. Never ridden the 03-05 CBR's so I can't compare them. I know at my track those 03-05 CBR's did and still do rather well.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ya gotta love the "I saw this smoke that" comments, whether about bikes or cars.....there's always more to it than what they're riding or driving....mods, rider skills, confidence etc....

In my opinion (as a rider of an '05 CBR), you can't go wrong with the Honda....much better looking, better reliability etc etc than the R6, especially the 03. None of them have smoked me yet...lol...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am def leaning towards honda's reliability

1 - 11 of 11 Posts