Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down in a low side at about 35mph on the left this last weekend and it didn't seem to do much to my bike except cosmetics. I noticed though that my fan was no longer kicking on. I removed my fairings and noticed that the puller fan had pushed itself up into the back of the radiator, or vise versa. If I tug on it, it will turn very roughly. I can't really see any contorting or weld damage around where it sat and nothing is leaking at all. I have a lot of stop and go traffic areas I ride in so a fan is critical for me. Can I pull it off and rebend it or am I going to have to buy a new set?

Any help would be greatly apperciated!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The fan itself has 3 arms that reach out to the radiator where it mounts to. You can bend those arms w/o having to worry about making the radiator leak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fan itself has 3 arms that reach out to the radiator where it mounts to. You can bend those arms w/o having to worry about making the radiator leak.

Thanks a lot! I'll get to work taking my tank and front end off tonight to try to fix the issue.

·
Registered
176 Posts
just unbolt and support the radiator - 2 bolts if I remember correctly - and gently pry the bits to a proper location - remount and ride

1 - 4 of 4 Posts