Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about this... I searched and searched but I couldn't find some old threads that talked about this.

I have an '03 and many times I've started the bike up in the morning and rode to work on a hot day. After shutting it down the bike won't restart.

The dealer told me that I needed to get a tender and I understand that (and just bought one). But hold on a sec... what is really happening... it starts fine after sitting all night... just won't start after getting really hot.

I read that the '03 doesn't have some sort of heat shield that the '04 and '05 has that protects the rectifier. When I mentioned this to my Honda dealer he told me not to believe what I read on the web.

Can someone give me closure on this? Is there a part number or some thing I can show the dealer to prove to him that this battery issue isn't due to battery maintenance?

Please help!!!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Tell his dumb ass to look it up in an official honda Mirco fiche. Yes some of the '03s have the problem. Not all of them. I keep my bike on a Tender and don't ride with the High beam on all day.The '04 looks like this. This is the ONLY diff between the '03 and the '04 besides color.
http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_0426/wire_harness/wire_harness.cfm

And if he doesn't beleave u because he still has his head up his ass tell him to call me on my cell.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

I think many of us owe you one man... this is perfect.

If the dealer gives me any lip service now I'm gonna pull his head out of his ass and shove this down his throat!

'cause what I'm worried about is that even with a tender I'm gonna be riding someday for hours in hot weather and it's still not gonna start up after I take a break. sheesh.

thanks again man!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.