Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
My name is Aaron i live out in the Antelope Valley in CA. Im going to be getting a bike within the next month and im really stuck now. For about a half of a year i wanted a 01-03 GSX-R600 and then all of the sudden I realized how much of a better bike the Honda is and how outdated the Suzuki is. Then the other night i went to Barns & Noble and looked at one of th european Magazines and they did a test with all the 600's and every rider said it was very close between the RR and the GSXR. But the Gsxr came out on top because they said the engine is much stronger throughout the entire power band.

Help me guys I really cant make up my mind.

Oh yea thanks a lot for all the other info on the other threads, It helped a lot!!

-Aaron

·
Registered
388 Posts
as far as I know the GSX-R does not have as much hp as the RR however it's much lighter so it DOES have a better power to weight ratio. With this said that's about all the GSX-R has on the RR.

Looks: I don't think there is a comparison but that's personal preference.

Quality: I don't think you can do much better than the Hondas'.

The GSX-R's are more flashy I guess, and that's not really MY style but if that's what you want then go get it. If this is your first bike make sure you take the MSF course and BE CAREFUL and if this is not your first bike then take the MSF course (if you haven't already) and BE CAREFUL.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I hate the giant tin can exhust on the GSX-R. UGLY.

Weight is a stupid, non issue. I could take 50 lbs off the bike ---- with a diet.

The Total package weight (rider w gear, fuel, and bike) is what matters a little.

A 15lb difference in the bike is only a 3% change in the total package.

The fact that the mass is centralized on the Honda matters much more. 8)

·
Registered
544 Posts
i heard that suzi Q did everything right this year with the gsxr600 power to weight ratio, looks, size, and thank God they finally braced that swingarm!!! but the one thing they forgot was to improve the handling. i have heard its a little better than last years, but not close up to par with the cbr and r6. other wise i actually like the new gsx-r not that i would ever get rid of my RR for it.

Tim

·
Registered
812 Posts
Ride them both or at least sit on them both for awhile.

Walk around them both in the colors you like best.

Buy the one YOU want. :Humpty:

·
Registered
544 Posts
the only thing that pisses the hell outa me is the stupid ******* plastic tank that scratches when you look at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: what the hell honda??? make something else lighter on the bike and give us our ******* metal tank

sorry im such a bitter little man!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
:bitchslap: It is not a gas tank...simply the cover on top!!!

In the latest RRW, C Uhlrich & S Atlas ride R6 and new sukzuki 600 on street and track :eek:

Both guys..one bigger...the other very small in size...pick the R6!!!

Something tells me those British mags get money from ads and maybe a swayed vote or two :( !!!

Both the guys said the harder you ride the R6, the better it gets!!! It won the championship...all local and club racers win on the thing.... Those dudes in that test you were reading said the yammy was nervous and blah blah blah!!!

Maybe their bikes are built for wussies over there!!! The Honda wins everywhere in the world with the kit engine!!!

:bounce: I personally like the look of all the 600's out there...but the zook feels like the biggest bike....me no likey that...I ride my RR on the track!

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
On this board if you are asking for opinions.. we are all gonna tell you to get the RR.. its a 600RR board.. simply put,, you cant describe the RR till you get on one and ride it...

sidenote-
Is it just me or do you see more squids on GSXR's?

just seems like alot of squids go for that Yellow and Black paint job.. just my opinion though..

·
Registered
461 Posts
The gixxer has a better SEAT. I can tell you that.

Honda is a 2x4 painted black.

Overall performance, you wont know any difference. unless your pushing the machine on a track (and your a good racer). I think it should be based on comfort, price, and the look.

Sit on both, see which one you feel more comfy on. Talk price...

if one is cheaper, i would say get that one...save yourself money for gear and such.

all this talk about GSX-R's quality suck, is total squid talk..and that ONLY squid's rider gixxer....SqUID TALK..... :roll:

Ive owned a gixxer and sat on 600rr's and ridden a few f3's. They are all good bikes, neither one is a bad choice.

If i was buying one, it would be on price and comfort. thats all. Not some tool online telling me one is a SqUID bike. Thats just lame.
:roll:

·
Registered
461 Posts
sort of,

I was ONLY a squid when my gix was Yellow/Black.

but once i changed to tapeworks, yellow/Black/orange

I went from :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid:

down to

:squid: :squid:

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's a great article. I think what really puts riding the RR in perspective is when they said "you can get away with murder on the thing" That couldn't be more true and with the outrageous perfomance of today's sportbikes, the Honda RR's are a no brainer. 1000 or 600.

C

·
0 Posts
I think hondas have better quality and overall better bike. The seat isn't that bad. Hondas look better too. Therre isn't much difference between the 03 RR and 04 RR, so if you can get a new 03 RR for the price of a 04 gsxr then I'd say go for the Honda! No question about it!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Of all the things, it was the front head light of the new GSXR600 that kills it for me. That thing is just gross. Buy the Gixxer that way there are less RR out there, and my bike will be less common. It seems like they're coming outs the wood work this year.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome
Sounds like you live down the street from me.
I live in Quartz Hill/Lacaster Ca area as well.

I love me CBR600r wouldnt have any other 600. The Gixxer does not have good looks that the CBr has. But I am sure you would love either bike. Most of us never use the bikes to their full potential anyways..

·
Registered
998 Posts
cbrkid11,

How do you figure that everyone's gonna tell him to get the RR?

Mavrickdrummer,

Get any of the 600s - they're all extremely close, so close in fact that personnal prefference should be the sole decision maker, unless you're getting it for track use. Sit on / ride each if you get a chance, and if not go with the one that the easyest on your eyes.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
hrvat2... only reason i said that is because he is posting that question on a 600RR message board.. thus pretty much 90% of the people on this board own an RR.. and they have preference to an RR..

It is like going into a diner and asking the people that are inside if the food is any good.. im pretty sure for the most part they will say it is pretty good..

that is just my opinion on the situation and that is why i said that..
Im sure if he has posted that question in the GSXR 600 board they have all told him to get the GSXR...

maybe im wrong.. i dont know.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The RR is the way to go. My roommate has a GSXR 600. I let him ride my RR just up and down the street. He got off and said "F%*k, I should've went with the RR"

1 - 20 of 34 Posts