Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey boys and girls, I just picked up an 03 600RR with 4900 km on it. I had it inspected and the bike checked out. It just needs a little TLC.

The question I have is where should I start. My big issue is the motor is a little slow to rev. It doesn't have the same "pop" some of the other bikes I've been on had.

Thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
yea, buy a litre bike or a 750........ how much do you weigh?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
about 230 lbs (yes I'm a big boy)

The bike makes more than enough power for my skill level, there is just some hesitation or time between when I turn the throttle and when I feel the motor rev up

·
Registered
252 Posts
If I weighed 230 and rode a 600 I would get new sprockets and re-gear it. You really wont loose much top speed and it will seem less sluggish. I weigh a lot less than you and I re-geared my 03 600rr. Just leave your front sprocket alone and throw a 48-50 tooth on the back (basically it's the same as -1 +2 with an extra tooth or two.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Also check the chain slack as mentioned already and check your idle. What does your bike idle at? And check the free play in your throttle. If you just bought it I would also change the oil.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i have a 46tooth f4i sprocket if u want..i'm not sure if it fits the rear axle..if someone can chime in then that would be great..it came with the bike when i bought it..it has the cush drive to go with it..i will do it for $5 plus shipping..i dont need it..its the last of the "extra" parts..$5 covers gas and box..lol..gas prices are crazy

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
yea, 230 is fairly hefty for a 600. i weigh 160, and a couple days ago i took my sister on the back (she weighs about 120) so total= 280. the bike seemed to have about half the power i'm used to. that's why i'm suggesting that your weight could have a lot to do with why the bike feels sluggish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts