Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 03 600rr about 6 months ago, all was good until now. yesterday i went grocery shopping, it started up fine leaving my house, but when I left it had some issue starting up. I did some googling and read some have issues starting up when hot. started it up fine and left a couple more times, and last night it started fine when I went to park it in the garage.

now this morning I pulled it out the garage , went to start it and it just won't turn over. The fuel pump primes, battery makes a click, all my electronics work properly - it just won't start. I have it sitting in the sun now, just in case its too cold to crank or something (wishful thinking).

before yesterday it's always started up quick, within 2 seconds of holding the start button. Could it just be a spark plug issue?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Dead battery, 100% sure on this. I have the same issue. As I can't legally ride my 600RR i'm just drooling over it in the garage and starting it up, but obviously not riding it = battery drain and no recharging :(

If you hold your start button in for 1-2 seconds now you'll probably find your display resets, a clear indication your battery is dead.

Just stick that bad boy on a charger for a few hours and give it a good run after that. You'll be grand!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i had this same problem when i bought my 03'... battery. get a new one from wherever. i was riding home and exactly half-way home i stopped at a gas station for a vita-water and boom bike wouldn't start... prime dash would all come on... ended up getting a boost from a border patrol agent :crackup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts