Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a chance to pick up a red and black 03 600rr for $8500 out the door. This includes everything and a 2 year warranty. Does this sound like a good deal? Is there much difference between an 03 and an 04?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,498 Posts
sounds high to me.... you should be able to get an 03 for 7000 out the door...and the extended warranty that I know of is more than 2 years and its like 500 bucks or less!! Keep shopping or make em bring down the price!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Depends on where you live. I picked up mine (an Red 03) for $8319 OTD not too long ago in Utah. Before that, I offered $8400 on the same bike to two other dealers nearby and they said they could not do it.

And welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'll try and talk him down some more, but I don't think I'll get much lower. 8500 is the lowest I could get a dealer around here to go with the warrenty. So how about the differnces between an 03 and an 04?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
that's what i paid for my 03.... last year!!!!! and the dude gave me like 500 bucks to spend on free gear. Somebody even has the new 04's for like 7500 bucks NEW!!!!!! cbr600rr.com has details on there homepage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow is that 7500 out the door including any dealer mark ups and lic. and taxes? I live in cali and the taxes are pretty high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
my 03

I just purchased my 03 last week for 6899,,, i think 7400 out the door after taxes ect... keep lookin
curtis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
i can get an 03 for 6,999 or and 04 for 7,299.......both brand new 0 miles and warranty.......... :bounce:

ps......thats before all the paperwork, taxes and what not
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
yeap..like everyone said... i got my blue 04' for $7499 w/ zero down 3.5% financing three weeks ago.

still learning how to ride..only logged about 15miles so far.. shitty weather!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I got my 03 Last year in July for 7100 and a 6.9 Finance. The extended warrenty was for 500 an additional 4 years. Just call up all the dealers near you and see what they will do. They will end up calling you back in about a week trying wheel and deal. Remember you do not need to buy a bike, they need to sell one.

-silviajdm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
SilviaJDM said:
I got my 03 Last year in July for 7100 and a 6.9 Finance. The extended warrenty was for 500 an additional 4 years. Just call up all the dealers near you and see what they will do. They will end up calling you back in about a week trying wheel and deal. Remember you do not need to buy a bike, they need to sell one.

-silviajdm
Actually I tried all that before finally giving in. I called all of the dealers within 200 miles radius, none of them called me back. The wouldn't even talk to me on the phone after hearing my offer. It really depends on where you are and if all the dealers in your state smoke crack together or not (which apparently in my case they all do). Pay the price and ride proud. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live in Nor-Cal. Looks like 7200 for the bike is the best I'll be able to do. Well it's the best I DID cause I bought the bike!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,456 Posts
trippoint said:
I live in Nor-Cal. Looks like 7200 for the bike is the best I'll be able to do. Well it's the best I DID cause I bought the bike!
Congrats....sounds like you did your homework and got a great deal.
Everyone needs to remember that what you pay is very REGION SPECIFIC. Just becauses someone got theirs for under 7 in podunk GA or whatever doesn't mean someone is going to be able to do this in say CA, FL, or NY.
 

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
Joined
·
7,847 Posts
eazy e said:
sounds high to me.... you should be able to get an 03 for 7000 out the door...and the extended warranty that I know of is more than 2 years and its like 500 bucks or less!! Keep shopping or make em bring down the price!
$7000 OTD, good luck on that one!

I'd say look for a price of around 8-8200 OTD on a 03 depending on where you live. If you can get it for anything less than 8G, that is a very good price.

Good Luck!
Jason

ps. I was just on the market to buy one as well and my advice is this. Call all your local dealers and go for the lowest one, try to wheel and deal a little. Get them to cut some money off a helmet or something if you can't get them down on the bike.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top