Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 that I bought with an 06 600rr engine swapped into it, I replaced the throttle body due to a tbs from the wrong year (The kid used an 03 tps on an 06 engine, go figure), but the idle didnt change after the fix. It pulls awesome, and sounds fine, but the idle shifts probably 50rpm in either direction at idle and at low rpms with no load. I dont really notice it while I'm riding and its not there at higher rpms, but I'd like to make sure its not an engine issue. Other than the idle being shakey the only thing I notice is a serious burble whenever i stop accelerating/ maintaining throttle, but that could be because I dont have my intake tubes installed, yes? Anyone have any ideas? I could be worrying over nothing but I'd like to make sure I am, I put some fairly serious miles on this thing, especially now that my M3 is down for the count.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
No intake tubes and a slipon will do that... nothing to worry about really.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have a slipon though. The stock exhaust is pretty beat and fairly loud, but its stock. Maybe the P.O. gutted it or its just old but, does the same still apply? Thanks for the help btw.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
What is the idle engine speed?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Idle speed is set right at 1300-1400 +,- 50 or so. I tried to set it a touch above 1300. They dont make an off the shelf tune for this kind of thing though yeah? Id have to drop half a grand on dyno time and a tuner?

·
Registered
60 Posts
my 03 04 and friends 05 all cam surge at idle
03 has 21k 2bros and surges hard warm not at all cold

·
Registered
60 Posts
04 D&D 15k stock filter and intake system lopes all temps moreso cold
05 600rr k&n 2bros and pc3 surges when warm totally thought it was normal for rrs? being into cars and motors in general i think it sounds awesome

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
There will always be some variation in idle speed... 50 rpm isn't worth worrying about, you could spend a lot of money getting nowhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts