Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed some LED flush mount turn signals that I picked up from motodynamic and had to use butt connectors to to wire them up due to the previous owner having aftermarket signals already. I installed the signals without connecting the running lights (they were not connected to previous signals) and they worked perfectly and light up at the proper intervals so I put everything back together and then went for a ride and the bike does not start. The Headlight works and all indicators turn on. The fuel pump primes when I push down the killswitch, but when I press the ignition nothing happens except the headlights dim. I do not think it is a battery issue (new battery/rode the bike 3 days before changing the signals). I tried starting it with kickstand up/down and in every gear. Neutral indicator looks like it is working propery. I plan to check the relays and fueses today but I wanted to hear about other possiblities that it would be because I do not belive that it is a relay.

side note: would grounding out the running lights on the turn signal do this? I kind of just thorugh all of the turn signal cables back into the side.

Link to turn signals: https://www.motodynamic.com/flush-mount-led-front-turn-signals-2003-2006-honda-cbr600rr.html

TLDR: Bike won't start after changing turn signals. Fuel pump primes. Ignition button does nothing (headlights dim).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I am able to start the bike by shorting the solinoid. I shorted the kickstand sensor and it still didn't start. I checked all of my work from the turn signal install and it looked fine. Could I get any ideas for what the issue might be? This is the first time I have seen this issue and it seems like to much of a coincidence to happen right after changing turn signals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts