Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fellow 600RR.net forum member CBR/CUT and I entered the annual ADAC 1000km at Hockenheim last weekend. Being our first attempt, we had a lot to learn, but given the circumstance, I beleive we did extremely well.

Executive Race Report Summary:
Although our results do not reflect it, we had an absolutely awesome race! We had to overcome a number of obstacles just to pass tech, let alone qualify for the race during dauerprufung. It was explained to us that all ’07 and newer bikes needed to be fitted with an OEM exhaust, so we busted hump to get one installed. We lost a shifter and had to make due with the OEM setup. Starting from 26th on the grid my teammate Vinny made a hard-charge for the front pack, ending up in 7th place by the end of lap 1!!! By the end of lap 8 he was closing on Swo-Dawg Spider Monkey Racing’s Maurice Evans (the only other American on the Grid) who was running in 4th after starting in pole. Vinny dove into the pits for a quick rider change and I headed out. I was nearly T-boned by a Kawasaki as I departed but just narrowly escaped. I drove out of pit lane and into T2. I felt a slight tuck from the front tire, but nothing serious. Banked the bike back left for the parabolica only to discover the bike would no longer rev past 9000RPM?!?!?!?! I stayed out trying to do what I could with half the rev range and we finished 21st.

Post race inspection showed that the OEM exhaust valve springs had worn themselves out and allowed the valve to close due to backpressure (we did not connect the servo cables or safety wire the valve open due to time constraints). Effectively suffocating the engine. Unfortunately for us, it couldn’t have waited just 6 more laps to give out…

Full report with pics can be found at my site here:
RocketJockey Racing - Gallery

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love racing Hockenheim, thats a fun track...they were doing the full course again this year right? I never got to race in the 1000k but ran the pits for a couple of buddy of mine one year and its def a challenge, numerous things come up unexpectedly. Good Job!!

P.S. How many tucked the front on Sachs curve in front of you!!lol That corner eats people up...lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
dude lookin at your website, I think Ive ridden with you before at the Monday practices at Hockenheim, think you know my homie to Jason Van..small world

·
Registered
20 Posts
last time was about 3 years ago when we were stationed out there. man do I miss it....Jason actually trying to talk me into going back over there when we are done here in Hawaii..

·
Registered
20 Posts
naw no more tracks here which sucks, I really dont enjoy riding the street too much anymnore, but if its all I can get then its better than nothing. If the money is right Ill head back out that way. guess time will tell. Good luck on your upcoming races and keep the rubber down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts