Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'm not making this post to put down or praise any of the bikes mentioned on the title.:)

I had a little fun run with my buddy's R6 yesterday. He told me he was in 3rd gear and I don't know what gear I was in. This race happened in the middle of a spirited riding with 5 of my freinds and me and the R6 guy just ended up in the front together.

I think I was in 4th or it could be 3rd. But either way, I gave him to "go" sign and he gave me the "3rd gear sign", which at that time I didn't know what it meant. He admits that he took off a second faster than me, but I realed him in real fast. I was amazed that I caught up and passed him. It was a fun ride(total of about 6+hours riding yesterday)

The r6 only has a D&D slip on and I only have a Jardine slip on. let me know if you guys have any questions..:)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
i dont think so!!

66RRJOE said:
my buddy just got a R6 and claims the 05's have 124 rwhp? this isnt true, right?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thats not true. I compared the two on a web site(can't remember what one, it was before I got my RR) both bikes have like 100 hp.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
i have an 05 600rr and my bro has an 05 r6....his bike def doesnot have 124rwhp. he woulda been tearing me up off the line all the time without even trying

·
Registered
56 Posts
no way does the r6 have that kinda power, i went to grand opening the other day and a guy dynoed his 05 r6, it had like 101 or 102 with a slip on, my 04 rr beat him by over 1 hp with just a slip on also. all the yamaha guys were pissed, but it made my day!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Probqbly crank hp, doesn't matter anyway a few hp here or there unless you are going in a straight lin and then whats the point. Its always the rider

·
Registered
334 Posts
Stock 2005 R6 dynoed by Sport Rider at 111hp. A Full exhaust probably adds another 4hp, some cams, head work and ignition advance could probably get you in the 123-125 rwhp range with U4 race gas.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
bqueen said:
the half way stock r6 gadson rode did 9.93 in the 1/4 mile the 600rr didnt even break close to that im sure everyone read that in cycle world last month
what do they consider a half way stock bike? :headscrat

·
Registered
223 Posts
I believe it just had -1 front sprocket and he lowered it, i believe he also got the 636 to run in high 9s with the same mods. The only problem with our bikes(at least the 03-04s) is they're a little on the chunky side when compared to the rest of the 600's.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My friend has an 05 R6 with a full yosh system, power commander, and a custom map and it made 108.4 on the dyno.
seemed quite low to me.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
9.9 1/4 with just a front sprocket. Uhhh I have been to the strip many times and huh noooo not with just a front sprocket unless this guy is just amazing

·
Registered
50 Posts
you might think i am crazy. but i have that issue in my room and the bike was lowerd. Thats all. no sproket. He said anyone drag racing better have a 05 r6(raven edition) or they will be sorry. I was upset as well. But it seems in other reports that the rr was faster in the top end. So you do the math. Dragging or highway roll ons?? what type of racer are u? Or a cannon carver?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
farbio615 said:
9.9 1/4 with just a front sprocket. Uhhh I have been to the strip many times and huh noooo not with just a front sprocket unless this guy is just amazing
yes, he's a pro dragbike racer and was consistent on every run...he is amazing.

I read that article too. I dont remember if it was with sprocket or not, but they ran them bone stock, then lowered them (and possibly changed the sprocket for these runs).

·
Registered
584 Posts
RG is the man, end of story. He also put the first 600ss prepped bike in the nines way back when. Between him and Ryan Schnitz, Richard Gadsen (his nephew) and a few others like them, you better hope to never line up beside em and have money on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts