Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I just sold my F4 and will be getting a new bike, it's down to a 636 or rr..
This is what I'm looking for based on my dislikes from the F4, hopefully you can help me out.

The rearset position was to "comfortable" so to say, to low and relaxed.
The tank was too low
It was a nightmare to dial in the suspension, so out of the box I want it to be close as possible.

So, if you guy's could stack the cbr and the ninja up and give me some feedback that would be great.
I'm drawn to the 05' zx-6r just by the tank design, but the tail throws it all off.

Thanks,
Jonathan

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Have you been to the dealer yet, just to sit on each of them. See which one fits you better, or is a more comfortable riding position for you. If you already have your motorcycle endorsement, take them for a test ride. Don't just go on looks alone, and don't make any snap descisions. it gonna be YOUR bike, and prolly for a while. Just make sure your happy with whatever you pick, and ride safe.

·
Registered
222 Posts
To ask this question on a Honda board is like asking a Harley rider which bike is better, a Harley or a Honda.

The only thing I can say is that these bikes are so close in every aspect even the ability to tune the suspension. It really depends on what kind of ride you want, if you want a stiff or soft ride, but I am sure that both of these bikes can give you what you want / need when it comes to that department. The factors that you should be looking at are the comfort levels that each bike gives you and the look / style of the two bikes. However, the only advantages the 636 has ovew the 6rr is less weight, better brakes, and an extra 37cc's, and they do make a differeance.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
If you want the suspension right, you have to get both bikes revalved. Stock, they are both better than the F4, but by no means perfect.
the only advantages the 636 has ovew the 6rr is less weight, better brakes, and an extra 37cc's
This is a true statement. Many people are still won over by honda reliablity and quality. Another aspect to look into is the resources available for the bike. How close are the shops for both brands? Are they good shops? Is there a factory certified mechanic, or just a couple guys turning wrenches?

My personal gauge of whick bike to buy....
After sitting on both,which one gives me a hard on :!:
If you choose opposite of that test, you will always wonder if the other bike was better.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
I've never really liked Kawasaki but I must say will all the great reviews their bikes are getting, I'm really curious to own/ride one. Then again, no one really knows whats in store for all 2005's but the big 4 all look great.

I can't even say with any real certainty that I would choose any of them based on looks alone. They all bring so many improvements and quality to the table.

jackdrinker,

The rearsets on the RR are high and you feel "perched" on top of the bike. bahhhhhhhhh....to much to write. Just go and try them out, you'll see what we are talking about.

C

·
0 Posts
Why do people ask these questions? Like I'm going to ask someone else how they want to spend my money. And like Smitty said, asking a bunch of Honda guys isn't very objective either. hehe...anyway.... :bitchslap:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I've owned both. hate to say it, but i be3lieve the ninja has the performance advantage. althoght the honda difinitely has the looks. They'll both be great bikes. However teh ninja's power is awesome for a 600---or 636.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
People ask, because after they purchase something, they notice little things they previously did no know. Then it becomes something that irritates them. They talk to some friends and they say, "if you had only asked us..."
This is what I'm looking for based on my dislikes from the F4, hopefully you can help me out.
Looks like he knows what he wants from the bikes, he just doesn't know what to expect when he goes to look at them. What makes you think he didn't ask a buch of Kawi guys also? Should he ask a yamaha fan since he doesn't know about either, and maybe he will give an unbiased uneducated reason for either.

Funny enough, I haven't seen a pro honda bias in an answer yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Crotch_rocket_pilot,
I'm not a newbie by any means considering this will be my third ride and second asian bike.. I ride with a fairly big club ( redline superbike ) and we have every brand and model in that crew except these.. Need info on a Ducati 1000ds or an r1, we got it..
I really cant road test these at this point due to (1) availability (2) weather , I'm in Michigan.
i have all my suspension work done at MCR, they have done all my mx bikes and my F4.. Matt is Travis Pastrana mechanic and sponsor this season and with being said he has very close ties to Yosh ( they do his supermoto bike)
So if anyone has any more offering please, shoot..
feel free to check out our site and forum
www.redlinesuperbike.com

·
Registered
647 Posts
I know alot of the reviews are saying that they do not like the way the guages are set up on the ZX6R. It is really hard to read the tach on it.
Score one for 600RR

·
Registered
881 Posts
JackDrinker, I hope it's not Detroit you live in, or surrounding areas, cuz the roads suck. I visit on occasion for work, I must say I'd NEVER ride a bike there. I hope you can find something nice out that way!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Both bikes are nice, you cant go wrong with either one, but I prefer to get the 05 Kawi 636 or ZX-6RR, rather than get 05 Honda RR. Honda looks better but Kawi has more technology, before Honda puts it in. But thats just me..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
hey jackdrinker, first off, WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!

and as a great point of reference here, my last bike was an f4. i just sold it a little over 2 months ago and got the RR 2 days later. i was going for either a 636 or RR, and after a lot of time and consideration (back and forth for months before i sold the bike), i decided to go with the RR. i've looked at 636's and for a little bit there, i wondered whether i should've gone with one of those. but now that i've had the RR for over 2 months.... i couldn't be happier. i wouldn't trade my RR for a 636 in the same condition, same miles. i love this bike, man. and you will too. a lot of differences, like not AS comfy, but good. the one thing i hate about this bike, is the passenger seat. it's hard as a rock, and my GF won't ride with me anymore. everything else is perfect!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, it's been a long "devil's" night... lot's of bench racing.. so to say..
Yes. I'm in the "burbs" of Detroit, the roads blow.. But we have our secret spots....
I'm leaning to the 636 just base on facts, funny how Honda guy's point out this stuff..
I'm really a Suzuki Guy based on MX... Years in fact..
Please someone, Say something good about the 600RR..
Jonathan

1 - 20 of 31 Posts