Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to take my back piece off but i'm stuck b/c there's a lock wire goes thru it...what am i suppose to do? (the piece under my rear fairing)

HELP PLS!!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
pictures please.. what lock wire? i didnt have any wires, except the wire to the brake light. which i just pull off and disconnect for the time being.

N

·
0 Posts
He's talking about the lock wire that locks the rear seat cowl. Just screw it because you're not going to need the heat shield or whatever it's holding in place. Then when you install the ARATA, just screw that back in. Man, I need pics!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Pics would be helpful. But if your talking about the lock mechanism cable, it's connected to a bracket and it just snaps into place. To get to it you will completely unbolt the locking mechanism from the undertray. The point where the cable snaps into on the bracket is C-shaped so just press forcefully with your fingers to get it out of there. Nemesis is referring to the plastic sheild on the underside of the undertray. The sheild protects the lock mechanism cable. I think a plastic clip holds it in place. If you're not referring to this cable then I'm just rambling. Better to have pictures.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
sorry guys.. i got the wire off but i still cant get the under piece off. i unscrew all the screw i see, one side is loose but the other seems like stuck. Any suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts