Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ive been having trouble finding an 03/04 frame. I need to replace the worthless frame thats in my 04, I cant register it in califronia. Its cool for other states like florida or arizona but i need any sort of title-able frame to throw in my bike.

So my question is this- Will a second generation frame bolt up to all my 04 parts? If not, what mods will be needed.

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
Body work is different. Engine is the same. Rear subframe is different. So then you have an 06 frame 04 engine and then you need to get 05-06 bodywork and subframe. T

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
Body work is different. Air intake and the tail are different between the years. Passenger pegs... T

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i would think the 05-06 frame is stiffer than the 03-04 frame because they went to inverted forks for 05-06 so they probably reinforced the frame to be able to handle the rigidity of the inverted forks.

·
Registered
747 Posts
As I've stated numerous times lol....you will need all engine bolts, spacers, swingarm bolts, and shock mount bolts for the FRAME YEAR. But it will all bolt up fine. Any year exhaust will work, but as far as slip-ons go with w/e header year you use. The lower mount tab is different for the exhaust, but you'll be fine without it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts