·
Registered
688 Posts
How much are u asking for it?

N

·
0 Posts
26K miles???

If the insurance company tells you it's not worth fixing and they want to total it, DO NOT claim it. Deny their offer and just fix it yourself. Why??? Cuz your insurance will go up if you claim it. Trust me on this.

Also, you wouldn't get much if you sold the bike because you got 26K miles (something may give out...depending how hard you've ridden the bike), chain has to be replaced, sprocket, pistons (maybe), bodywork fixed, etc.

DIY, make it work for you. If you don't want to deal with it, I'll give you $1500 as is.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nemesis said:
26K miles???

If the insurance company tells you it's not worth fixing and they want to total it, DO NOT claim it. Deny their offer and just fix it yourself. Why??? Cuz your insurance will go up if you claim it. Trust me on this.

Also, you wouldn't get much if you sold the bike because you got 26K miles (something may give out...depending how hard you've ridden the bike), chain has to be replaced, sprocket, pistons (maybe), bodywork fixed, etc.

DIY, make it work for you. If you don't want to deal with it, I'll give you $1500 as is.
Yeah, it probably would end up costing me more in the long run if I claim it, thanks.

I replaced the chain and sprockets already and they have less than 1,000 miles on them (RK 520 conversion, -1 in front) and the unlimited mileage warranty until September 2009 from Honda is transferable. The $1,500 offer is amusing though :)

N

·
0 Posts
FlyLow said:
The $1,500 offer is amusing though :)
I thought so too but guess what, that's around what the insurance company will offer you as a buy back price. Something to think about, huh? :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should have posted this in the General Discussion forum instead. WTF was I thinking asking a bunch of cheap bastards for help in setting a realistic price in the "for sale" section?

I was thinking about selling the Corbin seat and PCIII first. Then, after straightening out the brackets and using epoxy to repair the front signal and rear cowl, offering it up locally for around $4,800.

Thoughts anyone???

N

·
0 Posts
FlyLow said:
I should have posted this in the General Discussion forum instead. WTF was I thinking asking a bunch of cheap bastards for help in setting a realistic price in the "for sale" section?

I was thinking about selling the Corbin seat and PCIII first. Then, after straightening out the brackets and using epoxy to repair the front signal and rear cowl, offering it up locally for around $4,800.

Thoughts anyone???
Here's a thought: Just do it.

And FWIW, I sold my RR which had 16,000 less than yours and in way better condition and I sold it for $3800. Why? Cuz it wasn't worth more than that--lowsided a few times but fixed right back up.

Your bikes not worth $4800 I'll tell you right now but if some stupid guy comes along and pays that then good for you. So, that's why I'm saying "JUST DO IT".

And the warranty means nothing because if something did go wrong with the bike they'd say it was wear and tear, and it would not be covered under warranty.

You got nothing to lose. Best wishes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nemesis said:
Here's a thought: Just do it.

And FWIW, I sold my RR which had 16,000 less than yours and in way better condition and I sold it for $3800. Why? Cuz it wasn't worth more than that--lowsided a few times but fixed right back up.

Your bikes not worth $4800 I'll tell you right now but if some stupid guy comes along and pays that then good for you. So, that's why I'm saying "JUST DO IT".

And the warranty means nothing because if something did go wrong with the bike they'd say it was wear and tear, and it would not be covered under warranty.

You got nothing to lose. Best wishes.
I've seen bikes with salvage titles and rash sell for $4,500 here in CA. I do think used bikes sell for way too much. That's why I bought a new bike insted of spending the cash on fixing this one. But there are people out there willing do do a little work to save some cash. But, not me. But, I will not dump it cheap. Instead, I would convert it to a dedicated track bike.
Thanks for the best wishes. Peace bro.

·
Registered
665 Posts
No offense bro but you wouldn't get $4,800 IF the bike hadn't been crashed... Mileage like that will scare off alot of buyers (even though we know Honda can run for tens of thousands more.)

Goodluck with the sale and please prove me wrong - cause that means my never dropped '03 with 3k miles will sell for $7k.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts