Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to riding and absolutely love it. I'm having an issue with my bike that has my BF stumped as well. He has built and worked on plenty of bikes but is a Suzuki man. Lol.

The clutch sticks after sitting, Not the clutch lever, I mean it sticks in gear. Everytime it sits for a while and we move it to ride or just to roll it out of the way we literally have to break it loose. We tried parking it in neutral which Ofcourse helps when just moving it around but put it in gear and it is stuck. Once it breaks loose it is fine. Would love some help if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm new to riding and absolutely love it. I'm having an issue with my bike that has my BF stumped as well. He has built and worked on plenty of bikes but is a Suzuki man. Lol.

The clutch sticks after sitting, Not the clutch lever, I mean it sticks in gear. Everytime it sits for a while and we move it to ride or just to roll it out of the way we literally have to break it loose. We tried parking it in neutral which Ofcourse helps when just moving it around but put it in gear and it is stuck. Once it breaks loose it is fine. Would love some help if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks
doesnt sound like your clutch sticking, to me. it sounds more like your transmission is "sticking". how exactly do you " break it loose"? what mods are done to this bike?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mods. To break it loose we pull in the clutch and rock it.
If it was the tranny it woulld stay that way.
My BF opened up the cover today and checked the plates. The only thing he figured is possibly we have plate B in the wrong place . We replaced the clutch plates months ago. Manual shows A and B are suppose to be marked. B is not.

Just did this today so we will let it sit over night and see what happens when I ride in the morning

Thanks for your thoughts.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Yep thoughts are the transmission is shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts