Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, id like to start by stating what happened. someone tried busting my ignition so I had to replace it. Ever since I replaced it, the fuel cut relay isnt doin anything. ive replaced the relay, checked all fuses. even tried to bypass the BAS sensor. im stumpped at this point. any othet suggestions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also I did test the kill switch. and it seems fine. fuel pump is pumping when I run a direct wire to battery.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I am going to to guess and say the ignition isn't off an 03-04 600rr? You need an ignition off one of these years. T

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am going to to guess and say the ignition isn't off an 03-04 600rr? You need an ignition off one of these years. T
I agree with Tripage. Might be more helpful if you post some information about the what you did after someone tried to bust your ignition. Did you have to replace it or are you still using the original one? If you didn't replace it then there might be an electrical problem in your ignition. Your should be able to use a multimeter to confirm this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i replaced it with a 2004 one. Everything else works the Engine stop relay is kicking on but the fual cut isnt.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Look in the bottom of the ignition and you will see a zener diode, if you don't then they sold you the wrong year, if you do then your zener diode is probably bad if it's good and your relay just isn't turning on then it your ecm.
Meter the zener diode and see what voltage is coming out. 12v in 9v out is what it should be. T

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What would be dif. if it was another year? The guy said it came off an 04 but the plugs weren't the same. Maybe he was bluffing? lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What would be dif. if it was another year? The guy said it came off an 04 but the plugs weren't the same. Maybe he was bluffing? lol

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If the plugs were not the same then it was off another year. They look the same when you look at the ignition but the pin out is different and 03-04 are the only years with the zener diodes being used. 05-10 don't have this and are different. T

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thank you my good sir! I will try to go back and swap that out for the right one. That would almost have to be it cus it started right after they busted out the ignition. And if the wrong ones in there it still wouldnt start. ill go pick up a new ignition and key set fri and let you know how that goes. Thanks bud!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so i got the new ignition and the pump and everything does work now. but now it still wont start. Im throwing a code 19. Which is the Ignition pulse generator code. Any ideas on what could have went wrong? Still all good fuses.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Did you give the bike a once over after the attempt to steal? They might have gone and started cutting wires after busting the ignition since it didn't work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea i looked and everything seems to be great. didnt see any wires cut and looked over all the plugs. Ecerything seems to check out. Getting very frusterated with this damn thing.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
IPG is on in your clutch cover. Plug is under the gas tank. Make sure it's plugged in, might have come off if you pulled the tank for any reason. T

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont see any sensors on the clutch side, i see one on the right (stator side) but it seems to be plugged in. has a white and a yellow wire. That the sensor?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I unplugged the plug from the stator and put a meter on it, than cranked it over and it didnt read anything. Shouldnt i be getting something or is the sensor causing it to shut off?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, sry i was confused. Yes i see that. When i try to crank will i see any voltage? I hooked into that and figured i would get some kind of reading when i turn it over but im not gettin anything.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts