Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was in 3rd gear, just riding about and suddenly I couldn't find the shifter pedal. Luckily I was about 2 minutes away from home, so I somehow made it back home.

Upon inspection it looks like the bolt that connects the shifter rod has snapped off. The other end of the bolt is still stuck in there and I'm guessing I might have to use a drill to punch out. Is there a pin behind holding the rod in place behind?

Does anyone know the torque spec for tightening something like this?

Lastly, I'm thinking I'd just need to buy something like this?

04 Honda CBR600RR CBR 600RR Gearshifter Gear Shifter Linkage Rod Arm Pedal | eBay

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Attachments

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Reactions: jaesully

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Get a set of easy outs and some drill bits to remove the broken bolt. Just be careful not to tap on or hit the bolt very hard. There is some kind of pin inside (don't remember exactly what it's called) that can be damaged if you bang on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Whats this pin you speak of? Ive got aftermarket rearsets and that bolt is long gone by the previous owner. Hope nothing critical fell out.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Yes, that is exactly the thread I was thinking of. Thanks Moe!
I've never had this issue myself, so I can't really offer any other tips.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crap, 90113-MBB-000 is actually the wrong part. maybe my pic wasn't clear, but the bolt that broke off is the one that connects rod on the bottom to swivel bracket (?) thing.

can anyone help out with part number for this?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
crap, 90113-MBB-000 is actually the wrong part. maybe my pic wasn't clear, but the bolt that broke off is the one that connects rod on the bottom to swivel bracket (?) thing.

can anyone help out with part number for this?
You got the link for the complete asm & the actual bolt that broke off so it should be easy as pie to figure out what you need also when you say swivel bracket do you mean the shifter itself or something else

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
post a better picture.

sounds like the ball joint broke so you need a new linkage assembly.
sorry guys, should've taken a better pic.

so this is the bolt that broke off..

hopefully this will help finding the right part, and as always, thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
I am going nuts trying to find a different illustration for bolts in that area and I can not find any different than the one I already posted

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Ya no problem. I just saw moe was posting diagrams for stock rearsets but you have something aftermarket. Looks like you have 2 linkages set up for gp shift if I'm looking at it right (could be wrong)... Anyway. I'd start by figuring out the brand

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts