Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of assistance.... I just did a head gasket swap on my bike ( oil was chocolate milky) and all of the hoses and plugs are in the proper spot. The bike wants to turn over but will not... any ideas?

·
Registered
169 Posts
So the engine turns over but fails to fire up?

If you disconnected the fuel hose from the fuel tank then it can take quite number of gos to get the engine to fire up.

Check you haven't trapped the fuel line from the tank to the throttle bodies. Easily done.

Also check you have reconnected everything. Logic suggests you've missed something on reassembly, so go over everything you disconnected.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the engine turns over but fails to fire up?

If you disconnected the fuel hose from the fuel tank then it can take quite number of gos to get the engine to fire up.

Check you haven't trapped the fuel line from the tank to the throttle bodies. Easily done.

Also check you have reconnected everything. Logic suggests you've missed something on reassembly, so go over everything you disconnected.
thank you for the reply! Yes the bike just fails to start.... quite annoying haha. I did disconnect the fuel hose from the fuel tank. I will check over everything and make sure all the connections and hoses go in the right place

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I went ahead and filled up the gas tank completely (fuel pump is priming no problem) I also checked all the hoses and connections and everything seems to be in place.... bike attempts to start and will not.... the only thing I can think of is that when I did the head gasket swap that when I put the cams back in maybe I didn’t put them in right???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or maybe the timing is off? I tried to replicate the camshafts and put them back in the same way... could that throw the timing off?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,812 Posts
Did you actually check the timing? You'd be insane to do a job like this and not check the timing before turning the engine over.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,812 Posts
the pink wire is the 9v immobilizer input to the ecu. the ECU won't enable the bike to run without 9v on that wire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fixed it guys I brought the diode that everyone said to get but it only dropped the voltage by 1v so we took 6 other diodes out of a TV an soldered them together one by one till I got the correct voltage drop fuel pump now primes an healthy as spark, PS don't listen to the guys selling the diodes they don't know ****

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you actually check the timing? You'd be insane to do a job like this and not check the timing before turning the engine over.
I am adjusting the timing on the cams and crankcase now.... the manual says to turn the crank case over in a clockwise position... did that and now only the bolt is turning... how do I fix this?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,812 Posts
take it to someone who knows what they're doing.

this is literally life and death for your engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts