Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my bike apart for quite a while now. I was putting it all back together today as all my parts finally made it in and I want to get her back on the road, but I ran into a little problem.

The turn signals and the horn don't work now. I tried to put new led turn signals on the front and they won't even turn on. To make sure I wasn't messing something up, I put the old ones back on (incandescent ones) and they didn't light either. Just for grins I went to beep the horn and discovered it doesn't work either. No brake light either. I checked both the front lever and the foot pedal. All of these things worked last time I rode it.

The bike starts and runs fine. The tail lights works, just no brake light. Both headlights function normally.

My question is, are these systems all on a fuse or something? Any thoughts on what might have taken all this crap out?

I'll admit I haven't looked that hard into it yet as I just ran out of time and have to get ready for work. Just thought I'd ask around.

D

·
0 Posts
They're all on the same fuse. Go over all of your wiring and make sure it's wired correctly for the turn signals, then install a new fuse.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-4 I'll check it out tomorrow (or whenever I get a chance to get back on it).

Quick question though. It shouldn't matter how many signals are plugged in concerning whether or not they light, right? The flashing will be affected, but it should still turn on (steady) right?

D

·
0 Posts
As long as the voltage draw isn't enough to drop significantly to be below the minimum to light the bulbs or LEDs.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure enough, it was the fuse. Thanks for your input, Demented.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts