Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's just me, but while messing around on the computer the other day I came across a picture of a 2004 F4i, and it looked really bad (not good looking). I almost bought a '02 yellow and thought it was a great looking bike, but the new ones look to be heading the wrong direction. Has anybody else noticed this, or is it me losing my mind?

C

·
0 Posts
Yea, it is not a good looking bike anymore. The silver frame and banana seat make it look awful. Cant even compare it to the RR lookswise. Honda is trying to separate it from the RR. Your not losing your mind.

·
Registered
937 Posts
i think they are trying to get into the market just above the 599, but not quite into the RR... sort of like where the SV650.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think there's no point of having a F4i like the 01-03 ...it's not as good looking as a 600RRR and not that much more comfortable because of the seat

So with a F4i using the old F4 seat you get more of a sport-touring bike with his own class and potential buyers ...a bit like nj600RR said !

I know most of you dosen't like the 2-place seat ...but I had a F4 and it never bother me at all ! ...and it's really comfy !

I'll miss my F4 when doing long ride ...even though I don't mind at all sacrifing comfort for a the look but mostly the handling a 600RR

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
The attack is becoming two teir.
Suzuki (GSXr/Katana), Kawi(zx6r/zx6e) and Yami(r6/600r) have been doing it for a while. A track dedicated bike and a second teir 90% capable more street friendly bike. If all you were doing is commuting and some twisties, the F4i is more than capable. And by most accounts a smarter purchase, however it lacks the cutting edge of the RR.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The point of the new F4i is comfort. Sit on an RR and then sit on the F4i and it will feel like sitting on a goldwing. I would think the F4i would be a much better bike to have if you are just planning on riding around the city with very limited curvy excursions. Too many people get caught up in what a bike looks like and completely forget about comfort, reliability, practicality, etc. I would like to request that if you plan on buying a bike just to go back and forth from school to work, please don't pull a :squid: and get the RR. I really hate to see square tires on a race bike.

·
Registered
336 Posts
P.S. That wasn't actually directed at anyone...just a general request.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The reason behind the change is to differentiate between it and our rr's. Last year there was really no reason to purchase the f4i. Now Honda has two 600 sport bikes, allot like the other companies. One that is a race bike (600rr, gixxer) and one that is a comfy sport bike (f4i, katana). If you dig a little deeper, you will find that honda actually has had two versions of the f4i in years past, but we've only ever got one in the states. In japan and europe, they could choose between the standard f4i (with the banana seat) or the f4i sport (the one we got for 01, 02, and 03). The 04 f4i is the standard bike from europe because the rr fills the race replica spot in the lineup.

U

·
0 Posts
I almost got the '03 F4i, the banana seat lost me and I just fell in love with the RR so I got that instead. :bounce:

·
Registered
336 Posts
The '03 still has the split seat doesn't it? I didn't think they went back to the single seat until '04...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I thought so....The sales guy was trying to get me to buy the F4i for like $6000. I told him if I wanted a goldwing, I would buy a goldwing!

·
Registered
336 Posts
It was a really boring day today at work...no one to sue so I had to do something :twisted:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts