Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2004, 17k miles, twice it has jumped out of 5th into 4th.

has happened twice....under partial load pretty much when i shift into 5th and start to roll the throttle ill hear/feel it drop back to 4th. try to mimic the problem and it just does it whenever it see's fit. tried putting a heavy low speed load on it and it doesnt jump...tried it under partial load at normal speed....acts fine.

hoping it's just me somehow not fully shifting into 5th.... but i fear its more likely worn gears....

i havent heard of this being a known rr problem.. ive had the bike for 3k miles and dont ride it too hard.....cant speak for the previous owner though :/

anyone know how much gears cost?

i seen entire gear assemblys on ebay for around 100-150. ill probably answer my own question and say itd be easier and cheaper to just get the entire assembly than buying new gears and having to press them off then back on. correct me if im wrong on that

D

·
0 Posts
Make sure you are not putting too much, or any, pressure on the shifter lever. Also, make sure you're getting it fully in gear.

Did the previous owner, or do you, like to wheelie a lot?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt know the guy so no telling what he did ... i know i sometimes pick the front of a few inches in 1st just rolling the throttle hard....never tried in any other gear though...

·
Registered
913 Posts
check all your linkages....my roomies did this and found one of the linkages needed some adjusting....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts