Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ragamuffin said:
lucky, what are you after? it sounds like you're on to something...
check out this post: http://600rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5782

i just wanted to confirm that the 04's have indeed been updated with a heat shield on the rectifier/regulator.

if they did update it with heat shield on the rectifier/regulator i think it may be due to the electrical problems people have been having and is a fix by honda. just trying to get some pics of one on an 04 so i can compare them.

i know on the r6's they are known for having the r/r overheat and malfunction. looks like the 03 600rr's may have the same problem. if all it takes is a heat shield to correct it then i guess we'll have to order them or make them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
I remember one post in which it was discussed that as a matter of habit a mechanic drilled holes through the plate on the R/R to rectify the problem whenever an RR hit his shop. Maybe that would solve the problem, too?
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ragamuffin said:
I remember one post in which it was discussed that as a matter of habit a mechanic drilled holes through the plate on the R/R to rectify the problem whenever an RR hit his shop. Maybe that would solve the problem, too?
maybe, but i would be more keen on the actual fix made by honda. now if we can only get one these 04 guys to post a pic of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
Very interesting. I`m not having any problem, but you never know when something like this is going to fail. Good eye lucky!

Read some other posts just now, thanks for the heads up Insider.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
can an 04 owner please post a picture of the rectifier/regulator on their bike. it is under the left side mid fairing.
luckydevil, I'll try take my fairing off this weekend and have a look for you, and post a picture or 2. It'll probably only be Sunday by the time I get to it though.
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rhino said:
can an 04 owner please post a picture of the rectifier/regulator on their bike. it is under the left side mid fairing.
luckydevil, I'll try take my fairing off this weekend and have a look for you, and post a picture or 2. It'll probably only be Sunday by the time I get to it though.
cool, thanx! try to get one from both sides of it if at all possible (front side and header side).


and definite props to insider for bringing this to everyone's attention.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,100 Posts
It traps moisture. THey header tape isn't water proof and if it gets wet and the bike sits it will cause the metal to wear, and the cycle of getting hot and wet will wear metal faster.
 

·
Mad Chemist
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
It traps moisture. THey header tape isn't water proof and if it gets wet and the bike sits it will cause the metal to wear, and the cycle of getting hot and wet will wear metal faster.
Hmm, never thought of or heard of that, I guess it would be even worse if you wrapped the area just near the R/R, It'd probablly crack right near the interface due to the different temp stresses, moisture, etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
618 Posts
Stopped by the dealership today and took a look. I asked the parts department to take a look at the microfiche. The guy said that it is a different rec/reg all together that is mounted completely differently than the 03. He didn't think it had anything to do with a heat shield... just a different mount. Who knows if he is right... just telling all what he said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
Pics of '04 Reg

luckydevil, Here are the pics from my bike. I hope this helps you , I would have taken more but my damn camera battery went flat and I didn't have time to wait for it to recharge. If you need more, I'll glady take some next weekend. Also some people have had a hard time seeing pics on my server, so if you can't see the pics, please PM me your email and I'll mail them to you. Let me know what you see!


 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what the hell? your bike is an 04 and doesn't have the heat shield that is on the 04's over here in the states. weird. thanks for the pics rhino.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
luckydevil, I'm really not sure! Maybe here in SA it hasn't been a problem and they haven't found the need to put a heat shield. I'd like to see the pics of the USA '04 reg/rec in case I ever do have a problem!
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rhino said:
luckydevil, I'm really not sure! Maybe here in SA it hasn't been a problem and they haven't found the need to put a heat shield. I'd like to see the pics of the USA '04 reg/rec in case I ever do have a problem!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top