Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering can anyone help me out here, i have a cbr 600rr '04 with 20k on it, bikes runs fine but i am having starting problems

if i let the fuel pump prime the bike will not start straight away but just keeps turning over and sometimes backfires and eventually it'll start but if i hit the starter button as soon as i hit the kill switch to the on postion i.e dont let the pump prime as much it will fire straight away with no problem at all..

is the pump over fueling it possibly ?

thanks in advance..

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
That is a interesting question as I have never heard of such an issue, usually its the other way around. Hmmm is this happening from a cold start? You might wanna check your lines it could be possible that the system is flooding it self when primes all the way out. I.E. causing the bike to have to sit for a few to drain.:retard: Its a long shot but but check your lines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more so when its cold it happens, movement of throttle doesnt really make a difference and it runs and idles perfect once it has started..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if its been turning over and not starting you can start to smell the fuel, if that means anything..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks, whats the easiest way to check for leaky injector seals.. will i just remove the fuel rail let the bike prime (to create pressure) and just see if any of them start weeping ?

D

·
0 Posts
Pull all 8 of your injectors off and send them to an ultrasonic cleaning company. They'll either be able to clean and fix them, or let you know which ones are crash.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
^+1

The fuel rail keeps them on... if you tried priming them after it was removed they would just fall off and you would get fuel everywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts