Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting '05 plastics on my scraped up '04, and just decided to go with '05 everything(usd forks, brakes, clipons, subframe, etc). I am running into questions with the exhaust. I read that since I changed the subframe, I would also have to change to an 05 slipon. But the header has different part numbers between the two years as well, and I am wondering if just getting a stock 05 header would fit my 04, and allow for an 05 slipon. or if I have to go with an 04 header, or modify one or what.?? also a question on the front axle. have done some searching on the forums and found that the spacer is different but the diameter of the axle is the same between the two years, does this mean that I can use my 04 axle and just get an 05 spacer, or get an 05 axle and spacer. Then I am assuming that the 04 brake rotors will work, as well as my 04 chrome wheel(don't want to get rid of that!) I am kinda new to this stuff, so any input will help. also, any other little problems you guys have run into with an 05 swap??

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
As far as exhaust go you got to have the 05 headers in order to
use an 05 slip on because you switched to 05 plastics and subframe
Not sure about the front end questions

·
Registered
475 Posts
i have heard the front end just slaps right on you just have to change the air ducts becuz its a lil different do a search there is a guy on here that did it already. i was going to do a front swap but ended up getting the 04 again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts