Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just went to the same honda dealer i bought my 04 and i saw a nice black 05. just for giggles i asked them how much it would cost me to get the 05 and how much my trade in would be.

05- 10407.67

04 trade in value- 5980

i was surprised to see how much my bike dropped in value. i bought it brand new off the floor. for 8700. i only have had the bike for a few months.... since november, which would be approx. 5 months. i ONLY have 1380 miles!!! is this real? maybe i can some how get 6500 off of the dealer... or maybe even more?

i got a blue rr and i got some magical racing rear/front cf fender with that blueish tint windshield as well as cf rear mirrors (check my gallery). funny thing is that i never put them on and i want the 05 really bad too. dilema..... so what you think guys? is that the right value for my bike? thoughts? opinions? comments? im open to critisizm.

-nam huynh

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh btw.. i only owe 4900 so it pretty much ends up being even payments if i do the trade in

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Sounds like the dealer was being NICE:

2004 Honda CBR600RR
4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
599cc

Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $4535

Trade-in Value is what consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in unit assuming an accurate appraisal of condition. This value will likely be less than you would receive from a private party sale because the reselling dealer incurs the cost of safety inspections, reconditioning and other costs of doing business. Trade-in values are based on clean units in good condition, with all original standard equipment. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
By the way, I paid 8,999 OTD for my 05 a week ago. LACycleSports.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
nammerz, it is a waste. What is the 05 going to do for you the 04 isn't doing now? Do what you want, but I would mod my bike to all get out before I lost all that money on a perfectly good bike that is better than me in the first place.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
hondaf4iguy said:
nammerz, it is a waste. What is the 05 going to do for you the 04 isn't doing now? Do what you want, but I would mod my bike to all get out before I lost all that money on a perfectly good bike that is better than me in the first place.
If you're racing, it does a lot that the 03-04 doesn't :D

If you're an average street rider, the 03-04 is fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah im actually gonna get into racing... i guess its just the color that makes me hesitate..... blue is sick.. black is... normal? hahaha jk. i mean as dangerous as it is.. im thinning out my chicken strip. i feel more confident in leaning in and out so just more practice... jfaslk;has;lgfjas;lj im going crazy.... argh.

-nam huynh

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
ok, nammerz, that should answer your question. you're "gonna get into racing". meaning trackdays or meaning you're getting your race license? why blow money on a new bike that you'll dump more into mods on only to get a few pounds off, a couple top end hp, heavier front suspension and slightly better brakes? you can get all that on your '04 for what, a grand maybe? or just improve skills and not spend any money. i'm a new rider too, the logic just doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
SilverSurfer said:
hondaf4iguy said:
If you're racing, it does a lot that the 03-04 doesn't :D

If you're an average street rider, the 03-04 is fine.
If you are not a high teir racer, no it won't. Throwing a mildly better bike on a less experienced racer will do nothing for lap times. Radial brake do not add up for even 1 whole second on the track, nor will the weight. If you are racing for podiums and contigency money it makes sense. If you are racing for 15th, you are dreaming if you think the bike is the thing holding you back.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
+1, An average racer on an 04 isnt going to become a better racer just because they have an 05. You wont even be able to tell the difference between the USD and Cartridge style forks, brakes maybe, weight probably not so much. If you just like the look of the 05 than that is a different story.
Racers mostly win because of the rider, not because they have the newest bike. Look at Rossi, he wasand is still riding an underpowered bike compared to the RC211, but he kicked ass. Everyone agrees that the RC is still the best MotoGP bike, but the best rider is still winning on an underdog bike.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
EsotericRR said:
+1, An average racer on an 04 isnt going to become a better racer just because they have an 05. You wont even be able to tell the difference between the USD and Cartridge style forks, brakes maybe, weight probably not so much. If you just like the look of the 05 than that is a different story.
Racers mostly win because of the rider, not because they have the newest bike. Look at Rossi, he wasand is still riding an underpowered bike compared to the RC211, but he kicked ass. Everyone agrees that the RC is still the best MotoGP bike, but the best rider is still winning on an underdog bike.
If you're new or an average racer, then you're both right, it won't matter.

If you can lay the hammer down, it will make a difference having a lighter bike with radials/USDs. Any excess weight on the track makes a difference when the bikes are so evenly matched.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
but the riders arent matched...its not worth the loss on the 04. dont be seduced. the 04 is bad ass enough to whip you around any track. there will be riders on far less powerful and less technological bikes kicking your ass.

save the money you'd lose and spend it on track instruction, then racer school if you want to race.

oh, and you'd get far more for the bike selling it yourself. :bitchslap:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey thanks for all the comments and stuff like that. it really helps me.. im actually gonna back down on the offer since it makes much more sense to use that money to pay for a schooling of some sort. so yeah thanks a lot you guys.. much appreciation!

-nam huynh

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
pantablo said:
Save the money you'd lose and spend it on track instruction, then racer school if you want to race.
Honestly, that's the first "mod" people should be doing to themselves once they buy a bike and get gear. Agreed!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts