Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. First post here in about 9 months and I'm going to waste it to ask a question I'm sure has been asked here already. I picked up an '04 600rr back in May of last year, had it for a month and it was stolen. It was my first bike, but man did I love riding. Well anyway, it's Spring again and I'm looking at getting another one. So my question is one I'm sure has been asked a lot already, but '04 or '05?

I'm guessing I can find some good deals on '04s, but the mid-range on the '05 sounds like it might be worth the extra cash.

So is anyone that has had both able to compare them a bit? I've started looking around at reviews of the '05 but haven't seen any reviews that really talk about the '04 to '05 differences in any detail. Anyone seen one they can point me to?

Thanks in advance.

H

·
0 Posts
honestly it is going to come down to how much you want to spend.. you are really not going to notice that much of a difference between the 2..

so you have to ask yourself how much you want to spend and which one looks better...

and when push comes to shove how much are you really going to save. 2k... and if you are financing that is only like 30-40 per month..

·
Registered
337 Posts
The 05 is a few pounds lighter, has a better suspension and brakes, more horsepower, better mid-range.

They took most of the weight in the frame by thinning out some of the walls. The suspension is also inverted. Honda was the last factory to do this. The brakes on the 04and they also did some brake work so they are not so "catchy".... The rear shock is hinged rather than bolted on.

Oh, and the 05 has the yellow "Racing" sticker, which gives you an extra .08 hP.

Good Luck with whichever you choose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts