Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I need help figuring out whats wrong with my babe. haha. She is spitting out whitish blue smoke from the exhaust, only when i pull off from a stopped position. I ride every other day, so its not from just not being riden. She doesnt spit out any exaust when im warming her up. I can ride her on the freeway get off and be stopped at the light and when i pull off she spitts out a fair amount of whitish bluish smoke. It doesnt smell like anything burning. It kinds smells like sweet water vapors. shes not runing hot or anything. she runs great! HELP!! :banghead:

·
Registered
459 Posts
My guess Is its leaking a bit of oil somewhere. Check around the spark plugs for any oil. Or it may be your valve seals. You may want to have someone follow behind you to see if your actually smoking all the time. Small smoking issues can be hard to see when your actually riding because the cloud will disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I'm not the expert but since no one answered i'll say i think it usually goes like this:

Black smoke - running rich
Blue smoke - burning oil
White smoke - water/antifreeze

How are your oil and coolant levels?
What's the millage on the bike?

·
Registered
347 Posts
This can also be from fouled/bad plugs.

With 19k you're getting close to need to check your plugs.

Blue-ish white smoke is usually attributable to oil but not always. Are there any odd noises while riding?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Blueish smoke would generally indicate that you are burning some oil. If it's running well I wouldn't worry about it too much, probably just do a leakdown test if it's really bothering you.

Other than that, yep plugs may help...

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Leakdown test as nico suggested, if you can have someone follow you get on it and while at a high rpm you chop the throttle, if you have the smoke then it's probably blowby from the rings. I had this happen on my 04 as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts