Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, replaced the fairings. plugged everything back in. installed new turn signals as well. go to turn bike on, nothing. bought a battery charger/tender. charge the batter overnight, fully charged. turn the bike on, fuel pump primes, everything works, click the starter, click click click, but bike wont start. any help/advice would be greatly appreciated?!

Thank you,

Michael

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
There is a starter relay I believe under the seat... If you just hear clicking under the seat, then somehow the starter isn't connected.

If you hear clicking at the starter, then your battery is no good or your starter is no good. Or possibly just a poor connection with the wires.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got it to turn over and start once but then the rps just go down sharply and it stops. the starter is working, the engine is just not turning over....?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Have you tried full throttle then start it? Had to do this a couple times on my 04. T

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will def try that tonight when i get off. thanks t and dcope. anything else it could possibly be?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If you get it to start but wouldn't idle, I would think this is the problem. Exactly same thing happened to mine. T

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, leave it full throttle for how long? or just let it go after i start? and did the problem go away once the bike warmed up?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
twist the throttle when starting, keep revving it untill it idles itself. I have the same problem if I restart my 04 if it is not warmed up.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
twist the throttle when starting, keep revving it untill it idles itself. I have the same problem if I restart my 04 if it is not warmed up.
+1............
After it idles itself you are good. T

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. will post again later tonight if im still having problems.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright guys, turned her on with the throttle wide open, had to play with it once or twice but she kicked over and is starting and idling just fine now! thank you guys for your help.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I wouldn't say prone, but it's happens every now and then. Only happened twice and owned the bike for 3+ years. T

1 - 14 of 14 Posts