Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'04 with 7,xxx miles on it. been sitting for about two and a half years waiting to be fixed :( . just put pretty much all '05 stuff on it (forks, plastics, subframe, exuast, etc.) everything seams to be working right, except fuel pump won't prime! FI light is on solid when I turn the engine switch on. will crank over just fine. Please help!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, everything is in up there, so It's hard to see for sure, it looks like its in the right spot. I can take the gauges and stuff out tonight and see for sure, but It looks correct.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Can be lots of things. All it takes is one connector to not be plugged in to do that. Anything like a fuel injector, crankshaft position sensor, Pair valve.

Chances are that nothing is broken, but I'd bet something isn't plugged in.

Also, some guys friend crashed his '04 and bought a wiring harness for an '05 and it didn't work. With changing the things that you did, that might be something also.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, I just used the gauges and stuff, so the headlight harness, it should work? I know tons of guys have done the '05 swap and not had those kinds of problems... anything else I can check? the BAS is on correctly, maybe relays? also, the shop I had put new engine and stator covers on, and I'm just not sure how competent they are. only reason I took it in was I had no time. maybe they put the sensor in backwards?? I know that it's relatively easy to get switched around like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts