Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both of them 600, im a cbr fan, my first bike was an R6, second CBR (wrecked) and i would never go back.

im looking to buy a bike now and i was looking for an 05-06 or later CBR600 (and by the way, if anyone has one let me know. Location is not important since i have to ship it to Philly) for around 4k, and i found this oportunity for an 08 gsxr600 with low miles for around that price from my local forum.

Cant say ive ever tried a gixxer for a long enough time to make a decision but whats your opinion? should i go for the gixxer or keep looking for a cbr?

·
Registered
65 Posts
both of them 600, im a cbr fan, my first bike was an R6, second CBR (wrecked) and i would never go back.

im looking to buy a bike now and i was looking for an 05-06 or later CBR600 (and by the way, if anyone has one let me know. Location is not important since i have to ship it to Philly) for around 4k, and i found this oportunity for an 08 gsxr600 with low miles for around that price from my local forum.

Cant say ive ever tried a gixxer for a long enough time to make a decision but whats your opinion? should i go for the gixxer or keep looking for a cbr?
He did say it could be later than 05-06. 07 was a big overhaul on the 600rr's so the specs are nicer, but the price is usually a good bit higher.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I am going to agree with Nutty. Look for an 07+ CBR (yes OP did say 05-06 or later). Might take a bit of hunting but you may be able to find one in your price range.

Nothing wrong with the Gixxxxxxeeeerrrrr at all, expect for the stigma that comes with them. It may sound funny, but I relate them to Civic's/Teg's when the sport compact scene was exploding in the early 2000's. NOTHING wrong with the cars, it was the majority of the people that owned them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
FWIW I have a friend with an 05 GSXR, one with an 06, and another with an 08. The 08 is the only one that hasn't had a code or problem yet. That's mainly what made me go towards Honda in addition to the fact I see at least 4 Suzukis for every 1 CBR on my daily commute.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Buy the 08 ride it or sell it for a profit. All things equal, anyone suggesting you buy an 05-06 over an 08 of a different brand has got their head up their ass.
Why? Id rather ride a 05-06 CBR over an 08 GSXR. How is anything equal when your talking 2 completely different bikes?
Id keep looking for a CBR personally. Like someone else has said, I see tons of R6 and GSXR around me, but the CBRs are few and far between.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The 08 gsxr is a solid platform.. I got my buddy into a pristine 08 for 3K and regret letting him take it lol another friend of mine bought it new and discovered he was too affraid to ride it the way it was ment to be ridden. in all he gave it 8k miles to see if he could get use to it and he just couldnt so he sold it for what he owed. They pull just as hard and have a similar power curve as the CBR's and imo look pretty damn nice. Just go with what ever your gut says.. either way you cant go wrong.

·
SRO
367 Posts
What's the mileage? All things being equal, why wouldn't you buy a newer bike? There is nothing wrong with owning a gixxer if you don't perpetuate the stereotype.

And yeah, my wife's gixxer has a slipper clutch and gear indicator, plus more power than the cbr. Just my two cents - don't be blinded by brand names.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
397 Posts
You ever been to a track and seen what brand has highest percentage of bikes there?
Point being? Doesn't remove the stigma. If you read my entire post, I feel the Gixxxxxxeeeerrrrr has a similar stigma to Civic's back in the day. And you would see way more Honda/Acura at the strip than any other car. Also there were more douche bags that owned Civic's than any other make (sound familer?).

Now on the performance side, this is where the comparison to cars end. All 600's are very close to each other. So just get what you like, what you feel most comfortable on, and a good deal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts