Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have read the 05 and 06 CBR600rr schemes changed from 05 to 06. I'm looking at buying a CBR600RR. The guy selling is telling me it's an 06. All the pics and dif mags show the 05 as the Black silver. Is this color scheme avail on the 06? I don't have access to the bike so I won't be sure until I look at it. It's not local so I'm trying to get as much info before wasting my time.

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ask him for the VIN and do a quick check. There are plenty of sites that'll give you basic information for free. You can also ask him to take a pic of the sticker under the pillion seat which has the color and year info to see if the fairings are aftermarket or not. If they do turn out to be aftermarket, I'd start to wonder what happened to the bike to warrant a replacement. Usually a hard enough plop...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ask him for the VIN and do a quick check. There are plenty of sites that'll give you basic information for free. You can also ask him to take a pic of the sticker under the pillion seat which has the color and year info to see if the fairings are aftermarket or not. If they do turn out to be aftermarket, I'd start to wonder what happened to the bike to warrant a replacement. Usually a hard enough plop...
This bike has been dropped at least once. You can't tell from the pic but the bar end is gone and scratches down the side of the fairing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts