Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to find a new gauge for my 03. Will the gauges from the 05-06 work? Local parts dept and bike bandit all specify deferent part #'s. I can't figure out what's different. Help!!

in case anyone cares, the reason I'm needing new gauges is that the nuetral light(doesn't come on with a new switch), gas gauge(shows 1 bar at all times, float in tank not stuck), and coolant temp(Blurry on screen, i can see the F) all don't work and I find it suspicious that all 3 sensors would malfunction. Maybe I'm wrong.....comments.

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts
I thought they were all the same? I certainly don't think there's anything different, electronics-wise, between the '03 and '06 models.

Edit: apparently the only difference in the wiring between the '03 and '05 is the speed sensor, but i don't think that should affect the wiring to the clocks?

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
I believe soo a 05-06 cluster will work ^in a 03-04

I

·
0 Posts
Yes it will work. 03-06 gauges are interchangeable. You can pick up a new gauge for around $125 or so based on how many miles are on it.

I

·
0 Posts
I'm not sure why your gauge is acting up...Have you done anything mods lately? I was saying any 03-06 gauge would work fine on your bike if you bought another one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure why your gauge is acting up...Have you done anything mods lately?

I have a bunch of mods but the only one that has to do with the cluster is a speedohealer and the gauges didn't work properly before I did the healer. NO specific mods to the cluster(ie diff color LEDs, or anything else). The buttons popped out about 10K miles ago, I never fixed them so water probably got in there to the meter board and messed it up. I think.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At any rate....who's got a gauge cluster for sale. Mine has 21K on it so anything less than that is ok with me. LMK.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is another one. These are getting pretty high though. If you don't find one within a month I will sell you one for $150 (11,000 miles on it). I bought a few of them to experiment with the led mod.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-05-06-Honda-CBR-600rr-Speedometer-Gauge-Cluster-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0dc8bd7aQQitemZ180619885946QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
I'm actually bidding on this one. My highest bid is set for $170 but it's getting kinda close. I didn't wanna pay much more for one. If this doesn't work out and I can't find one, I'll definitly pick one up from you infinate719. Thanks man. :shakehand

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I wouldn't go spending money just yet...

Pull your old gauges apart and remove the LCDs, then give them a good scrub with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush. Then stick the board in the oven (set to 150F) and leave them there for 3 hours.

Leave them to cool back down, reassemble and test. You will probably find that this does the trick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts